Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why we see performances like today!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No tempo, no pace, no urgency. We knew exactly what was needed, why the @'k@ can't we put in a performance to match the situation. We will now be needing to get a result at Forest. Shouldn't be coming down to this.

Because the team or management seem unable to set themselves up to beat struggling teams. Yeovil will be another nail biter which we will probably draw because we don't push on enough. We hardly put blackpool under any pressure today. Yet against forest we will probably win

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We just lack the killer instinct in my view, if we had that we would be fine.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
But we are. The players on the pitch today, should have torn Blackpool a new ********. I've said it all season, the tactics are the poison. They simply do not work with a championship squad. People excused Oscar earlier because of injuries, but now we are as strong as we can expect to be, there is no change in the crap he is serving up. We buy better players in the summer, if he plays them in the same backwards formation, they results will be the same. Saw the Burnley celebrations in the ground earlier. With a like minded manager in charge of us, could not help but think that could have been us.

I don't see how you can lay that at the door of the manager or his tactics today. We set up attacking, he spotted march was anonymous and replaced him with Buckley at half time and made 2 further attacking changes. The players were at fault today as aside from some of the most abysmal set pieces I have seen watching the albion whenever we got into wide areas we either failed to deliver a cross or decided to play an additional unneeded 2 passes and lose the ball completely.

For me Oscar did everything in his power to win that game and the players let him down

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I don't see how you can lay that at the door of the manager or his tactics today. We set up attacking, he spotted march was anonymous and replaced him with Buckley at half time and made 2 further attacking changes. The players were at fault today as aside from some of the most abysmal set pieces I have seen watching the albion whenever we got into wide areas we either failed to deliver a cross or decided to play an additional unneeded 2 passes and lose the ball completely.

For me Oscar did everything in his power to win that game and the players let him down

Because the training is shocking and there is no spirit within the club.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
We just lack the killer instinct in my view, if we had that we would be fine.

But we don't Beachy and haven't since the Amex then we are crap. It's all very well having the best defense in the league but you get promoted by scoring goals not clean sheets :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But we don't Beachy and haven't since the Amex and not to be honest know when we'll have it. It's all very well having the best defense in the league but you get promoted by scoring goals not clean sheets :(

Not going to disagree on that, over reliance on Ulloa and selling Barnes have been the key factors

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh is that all !!! Nice to see we have winners in the side then!!! Time they got a kick up the arse and told they have to earn the right to play in front of 28,000.

Really, so out of the current squad if you were manager hardly any would play I suppose

Feb 14, 2010
Its a line from the BBC taking about Newcastle players having to earn the right to play in front of big crowds. Its not a line that could ever be said of palace players as you had to beg people to watch you in the Championship

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Today's performance just confirms that we're not good enough for serous play off challenge. We were a better side this time last year.

and yet 95% of fans on here thought we were good enough,yet i sit with 12 mates who like me,never ever thought we were and were happy to finish top10, imo many on here imo havent a scooby

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Quite simple why we see performances like we did today and have done most of season, we reflect the dour negative head coach. Until we get rid of this out of his depth Spanish Dullard and the Welsh windbag we will continue to see performances like today. We are in with a shout of the playoffs in spite of Garcia not because of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here