Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amusing Albion Anecdote

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was on a flight a couple of weeks and I got talking to the chap sitting next to me. It turns out he was a retired referee who had made it to the very top of the game and was on the FIFA list at one point, refereeing and assisant refereeng around the world. He told me some brilliant stories and we inevitably got on to the Albion. He then proceeded to tell me about an incident at "that athletics track you used to play at". He gave me the details of the game and I remember it well as it was a fairly significant game in the Adams era, but will protect the ref's anonymity by not revealling the opposition.

The incident involved a certain member of the Sunderland coaching staff. He went down after an aerial challenge and an opposition player landed on top of him. The ref took his eye off the tussle as play continued, only for him to hear a loud shriek from the opposing player. The player came up to the ref, clearly in some pain, claiming to have been bitten on the orchestras by the Albion player. I asked him what he did, but of course he couldn't do anything as he didn't see the incident. "So do you think he really bit him on the nads?" I asked. "I'm bloody sure he did" the ref replied, "he showed them to me after the game!" :eek::ohmy::eek:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I thought you were going to say that the bloke next to you supported Orient and blanked you for the whole flight.

Now THAT would have been a story.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Supermarket Trolley show and Oatway. What do I win?

Edit: Oatway didn't play in that, but we only played Sunderland once at Withdean, so well done for protecting his anonymity :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here