Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I might be mistaken - but thought I saw Hoskins taking part in the subs pre-match warm up at Huddersfield, he looked pretty sharp too but I guess he wasn't quite in the reckoning to be on the bench. He also did a separate warm up routine a bit like CMS did at Barnsley. Jones then made a point of putting an arm around Will as they trooped off to the dressing room. Hopefully they took him along for the ride to make him feel part of the match day squad again.

I'd be pretty happy to see Hoskins on the bench instead of D-Rod. It would be good to have as many options as possible going into the play offs.

You're not mistaken he was there we wondered if he was there with a view to possibly being a sub on Monday

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You're not mistaken he was there we wondered if he was there with a view to possibly being a sub on Monday

It does seem strange taking him away from his family overnight to not be in the squad at all. He also travelled to Hull a few weeks ago.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He is out of contract. Why does he deserve a place on the bench though?? We have three strikers ahead of him, all of whom are fully fit and match ready. And I would argue the likes of Rod and CMS have a point to prove too...

Think I would prefer Hoskins to Rod to be fair

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Is there any point risking him?? Rod is fine as a third choice from the bench. I would keep Hoskins fresh for next season.

To date Rodrigues hasn't proved himself to be "fine" at anything, even third choice striker. And your suggestion about keeping Hoskins fresh for next season is just nonsense. He should be on the subs bench ahead of Rodrigues if he is fit.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
To date Rodrigues hasn't proved himself to be "fine" at anything, even third choice striker. And your suggestion about keeping Hoskins fresh for next season is just nonsense. He should be on the subs bench ahead of Rodrigues if he is fit.

I agree Hoskins is the better player. But is he really match fit?? Wouldn't Oscar be playing him if he is? I would rather have a fully match fit Rod than a semi match fit Hoskins on our bench, especially when we have CMS on the bench anyway.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A bit late in the season to be putting together a bench of bionic strikers. The An-Drod offers us pace, or is meant to at least. Nurturing CMS back to the frontline might be all we can risk putting our energy into. I wouldn't mind the Hosk returning, but it's been an age and we want him to make a difference now rather than work his way back to fitness. If kept, i imagine him on a mostly bonus-based wage, proving himself to be the player he almost was and a fit one at that.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I think we should have kept him. On the odd occasion he was fit he looked good and it seems a shame to spend all that money on getting him fit to let him go when he finally is.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think we should have kept him. On the odd occasion he was fit he looked good and it seems a shame to spend all that money on getting him fit to let him go when he finally is.
Unfortunately we were duty bound to spend the money on getting him fit. I would have invited him back for pre-season under Sami to see how he got on, and then let the new manager make the decision

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unfortunately we were duty bound to spend the money on getting him fit. I would have invited him back for pre-season under Sami to see how he got on, and then let the new manager make the decision

I agree, or even given him a three months contract to prove his fitness, as we did with Navarro.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I hope he gets back on track. We never got to see him at anywhere near his best. He had to be released. I don't think he would have stayed for a 3 or 6 month contract.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You have to remember that when we signed him it really was quite exciting. He'd just been scoring for fun in a poor Bristol Rovers side including against our league winning team.

When fully fit he showed why. A really excellent finisher which is what we missed too often. Sadly had an awful time with injury and just became one of those transfers that never worked out for either party. Wish him all the very best at Barnsley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here