Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football league show

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
it does make me wonder if this all harps back to the Gus sacking, not that it was done on air but maybe they got a rucking from the Albion for even broadcasting it.
it really does look like there is someone with a rather large axe to grind, even when we have done well, like the Leicester city result it was hardly mentioned compared with some of the matches shown on there.
mind you even before the Gus sacking we hardly got any sort of mention on teletex and were left off completely at times, does make me think that Skipper is right and we have just fallen through the cracks in the floor.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I really do not believe the BBC
teletex comment is "Brighton will stay 6th until Reading play Doncaster tomorrow" do they already know the result then?
and Breakfast this morning all about MU which is to be expected then went on to Partick Thistle ......and not one effing word about the Albion

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I really do not believe the BBC
teletex comment is "Brighton will stay 6th until Reading play Doncaster tomorrow" do they already know the result then?
and Breakfast this morning all about MU which is to be expected then went on to Partick Thistle ......and not one effing word about the Albion

In all fairness they have given us very good coverage when we needed it, now we are not a desperate club anymore we are well not cool in their eyes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I totally agree with your comments, its always the same, Steve "haven't a clue" Claridge burbling on about naff all.
Brighton hardly ever gets a mention, who knows why. Jealousy I expectpunk:
I am damn sure they had a bet that all three of them would not mention Brighton, every week its the same.
Have the BBC got something against the Albion
all set up for the Muff manager to take the plaudits then they get beaten by Sheffield Wednesday:lolol:
WTF are they going to do when and if we get to the premiership, cancel MOTD no doubt :tosser:

Feb 14, 2010
Some clubs are fashionably unfashionable, and they are clubs with a small following but success on the pitch like Wigan. Brighton are just unfashionable because iof the lack of success on the pitch. As Brighton have never achieved much on the pitch and never been in the top flight since Rupert Murdoch's so called "Premier League" (Division 1 in my money) they don't understand how a club can have a lower league team but a top 9 in the country following. The Albion is so under the radar of many people as a result. Its also why more successful clubs fans like Shef Weds and Ipswich dont like the fact they get smaller gates than us. They dont get how we can have such a big support despite a complete lack of success on the pitch. In fact Shef Weds fans didnt even realise that Brighton got bigger gates at the Goldstone "back in the day" when we played each other than for the corresponding fixture at their place. These things just go unnoticed and the club will continue to be ignored by the press until the players start to match the size of their support.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
What's the chances of getting more than our thirty seconds of airtime tonight? :albion2:
Probably twenty minutes of Reading highlights with about ten clips of what was happening in our game mixed into the edit.
With Mark Bright telling anyone that will listen Reading have been robbed/hard done by.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2 and a half minutes on the FLS tonight :O

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What's the chances of getting more than our thirty seconds of airtime tonight? :albion2:
Probably twenty minutes of Reading highlights with about ten clips of what was happening in our game mixed into the edit.
With Mark Bright telling anyone that will listen Reading have been robbed/hard done by.

Could be worse, it could be Jason Roberts.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
luagif.gif

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I think we may actually get a bit of decent airtime tonight. As crap as the football league show can be it's no where near as awful as the steaming turds of football coverage that I.T.V serve up. And I like Manish Bhasin, knowledgeable and seems like a nice bloke. Claridge can be a bit of a tit and his views change with the wind but he's passionate and I always found him quite fair with his views about us

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We don't normally create headlines and are not generally involved in high scoring games, plus we haven't been a heavy weight for much of the season, so I don't see why the BBC should be expected to give us lots of air time.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
he doesn't do this show..normally late kick off..be nice to c claridge though ..i don't mind him...but he seemed to rule us out last week which i think was a tad unwise knowing how the championship has been all season

He said he had absolutely no idea who would take the final two spots. He didn't rule us out at all.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not bad although I think the commentator described Leo as a 'bit-part' player this season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here