Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football league show

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am damn sure they had a bet that all three of them would not mention Brighton, every week its the same.
Have the BBC got something against the Albion
all set up for the Muff manager to take the plaudits then they get beaten by Sheffield Wednesday:lolol:
WTF are they going to do when and if we get to the premiership, cancel MOTD no doubt :tosser:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The "under the radar" attitude has actually been beneficial. Less than a minute of highlights most weekends has made us the dark horse of The Championship.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It would be good if some sad statto had the number of minutes for all Championship clubs over the last couple of seasons. It's a joke how little we're on, so I gave up watching.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
At least we get our goals on there. Sky Sports News shows most goals on Saturdays, except ours. At least that's how it was, I don't bother watching it anymore if I'm not at the game. Palace in the editorial department at work...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am damn sure they had a bet that all three of them would not mention Brighton, every week its the same.
all set up for the Muff manager to take the plaudits then they get beaten by Sheffield Wednesday:lolol:
WTF are they going to do when and if we get to the premiership, cancel MOTD no doubt :tosser:

Having just watched it on iplayer it does appear that there appeared to be a bet not to mention us to the point when asked who would get sixth place Claridge really struggled to think what to say.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
They'll have trouble not mentioning us tomorrow

Manish Bhasin presents highlights and all the goals from today's fixtures in the Championship, League One and League Two, including Burnley v Wigan Athletic at Turf Moor, with both sides looking to continue their excellent recent form. Plus, action from Leeds United v Nottingham Forest and Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackpool

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They'll have trouble not mentioning us tomorrow

Manish Bhasin presents highlights and all the goals from today's fixtures in the Championship, League One and League Two, including Burnley v Wigan Athletic at Turf Moor, with both sides looking to continue their excellent recent form. Plus, action from Leeds United v Nottingham Forest and Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackpool

He'll only mention the pitch invasion :smile:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

We would get plenty of mentions.....

mentions of Gus being sacked live on air.....
Mentions of choking in the play offs and how well palarse have done... ...

Inevitable innit?!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think they mentioned the word 'Brighton' when introducing the Huddersfield match - but I'm fairly sure they avoided mentioning that it moved us into the play-off positions!

Quite like the show, it's been reasonably fair I reckon. I think Claridge is a bit unsure of what to make of Garcia and I wouldn't blame him for that, he's kept most of us guessing this season

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I'm okay with being under the radar. Much of the talk on the FL show is usually of Redknapp and QPR, Derby, Reading, Forest etc. Thats fine. The pressure is on most of them, especially QPR and Redknapp who the FL show often talk as though its a given cert they will (or would) have gone up automatically. The media spotlight on those clubs to gain promotion is far greater than on us. QPR will be in deep stuff if they screw up promotion - If they mess up, its a fairly safe bet Redknapp will dig out the 101 excuses book, then head off one way to Sandbanks, announcing his retirement.

A few weeks ago few including most of us, expected us to be in poll position to nick sixth place. We still aren't registering that strongly and chances are, people will only start to take notice if (?) we make the play off final. There's a long way to go yet. Lets stay incognito.

Re Claridge: I've always tended to find him fairly straight when it comes to his analysis. He's been fairly high in his praise of us in the past. He comes across as fairly knowledgeable of all leagues - Unlike those ******* on ITV who think there is no football below the top five of the Premier League.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Having just watched it on iplayer it does appear that there appeared to be a bet not to mention us to the point when asked who would get sixth place Claridge really struggled to think what to say.

Cant say i blame Claridge for not saying who would get sixth when there are so many teams with a real chance and the way Championship results have gone this season.....he did slip in a 'probably finish as they are' before quickly saying he just didn't know ..which tbh is a fair answer

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think Claridge is a bit unsure of what to make of Garcia and I wouldn't blame him for that, he's kept most of us guessing this season

You've not been guessing, you've just been wrong to write OG off. This from you exactly 2 weeks ago:

If everything is going backward on the pitch, yes. The write blank cheques for managers is just the other wrong side of a coin of firing a manager quickly. The possibility has to be factored in that some managerial appointments are mistakes.

And the following day:

I think Oscar is neither fish nor fowl when it comes to passing vs direct - in the hands of a more forceful personality that pragmatism might be seen as a good thing, but when you get a manager turning a 4th place team into one that will miss the play-offs likley now by some margin, it looks weak

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Cant say i blame Claridge for not saying who would get sixth when there are so many teams with a real chance and the way Championship results have gone this season.....he did slip in a 'probably finish as they are' before quickly saying he just didn't know ..which tbh is a fair answer

While watching it and Claridge got asked the question on who will make the last play off spot I was expecting them to show the remaining fixtures and if they had then it would of been a no brainier that we would be favorites with Blackpool and Yeovil as they're our next two games and at home but they completely failed to look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here