Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to be utterly ruthless

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Blackpool are in meltdown atm, we should take advantage

I don't think Oscar can tell players to be ruthless, they will either miss chances or take them given their skill levels. What Oscar has to do is bloody well pick attacking players and an attacking line-up to maximise the frequency of those chances - what he failed do against Middlesboro but hopefully has now learnt the lesson.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The main issue, is that Blackpool are going to go all out against us as they now have nothing to lose and we are the easier of the 2 final away games they have (Wigan being the other one). We will have to hold them back, however poor they actually are at present - otherwise we will get Dobbie scoring a 94th minute winner and then punching his own assistant manager in the face.

I couldnt care how we win - as long as we get a win. Getting a few goals and bumping the GD up is all a bonus.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would you take a 1-0 win? This question also goes out to the OP also.

1-0 is not going to be enough when you realise Reading are away at Doncaster for their penultimate game.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
1-0 is not going to be enough when you realise Reading are away at Doncaster for their penultimate game.

It would be enough if we win our other 2 games - simple as that. Its also irrelevant who Reading have in their final game, its also all about who they have in the other 2 games.

As long as we win all our games, even if all by 1 goal - were in the play-offs.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It will be if we win our other games, too.

If we keep winning, goal difference is irrelevant. Ipswich and Reading can win all their games 10-0, they will still be a point behind us.

If we don't win, then whether or not Bournemouth, Ipswich, Reading, Watford and Forest pick up points will be more important than GD.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Bournemouth and Ipswich will eliminate one or the another tomorrow and hopefully both of them. Reading looked useless against Wigan. Watford have surely left it too late. Forest are unlikely to go on a good run with so few results recently.

Blackpool have only two wins in the last 27 and are in disarray. After our play-off flop last year, I doubt the senior players will want a repeat in what may be their last chance to try for the Premier.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Doncaster are far from safe and will be scrapping for points. They have had some useful results at home and are quite capable of getting something at home to Reading. The consistent thing about Reading this season, they have been wonderfully inconsistent. You never know which Reading will turn up. I'm not overly concerned about this game.

Does anyone really think in their current state they are going to come here and attack? A point will still lift them 3 places in the table. We need to be at them right from the start otherwise it could be a very long game watching them park the bus.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Bournemouth and Ipswich will eliminate one or the another tomorrow and hopefully both of them. Reading looked useless against Wigan. Watford have surely left it too late. Forest are unlikely to go on a good run with so few results recently.

Blackpool have only two wins in the last 27 and are in disarray. After our play-off flop last year, I doubt the senior players will want a repeat in what may be their last chance to try for the Premier.

I'm slightly undecided which is the best result for Brighton, assuming we can win of course? Originally I thought a draw. However, possibly a Bournemouth win could be better for us?

Whatever the result, each team to have three players sent off plus several injuries wouldn't ruin my day too much. :smile:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm slightly undecided which is the best result for Brighton, assuming we can win of course? Originally I thought a draw. However, possibly a Bournemouth win could be better for us?

Whatever the result, each team to have three players sent off plus several injuries wouldn't ruin my day too much. :smile:

As long as Ipswich and Reading don't win, we will still be 6th even if we lose.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As long as Ipswich and Reading don't win, we will still be 6th even if we lose.

oooh i do wish you hadn't said that.....we need to RINSE Blackpool and then RINSE Yeovil....we then need to go to Forest and be 3-0 up after 70 minutes ....then and only then will i be convinced that we are in the play offs.....such is the game of FOOTBALL.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It will be if we win our other games, too.

If we keep winning, goal difference is irrelevant. Ipswich and Reading can win all their games 10-0, they will still be a point behind us.

If we don't win, then whether or not Bournemouth, Ipswich, Reading, Watford and Forest pick up points will be more important than GD.

We have two comparatively easy home games , there is still a doomsday scenario for the Forest game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
oooh i do wish you hadn't said that.....we need to RINSE Blackpool and then RINSE Yeovil....we then need to go to Forest and be 3-0 up after 70 minutes ....then and only then will i be convinced that we are in the play offs.....such is the game of FOOTBALL.

I would only be content with being 5 nil up after 70 minutes and Forest down to 9 men :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No pussy footing. Take the game to them from the start. Please no tinkering with the team just get the best on from the off.

Spot on. Oscar, listen up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here