Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "well done Palace" thread

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
Seriously, how many of this Palace team could be starters in the current Brighton team?

Speroni? Possibly.

Bolaisie? Improved recently. Probably get in.

Jedinak? I guess so, but not if Bridders was still here.

That's it.

delusional.jpeg

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I laughed with glee when Pullis took over; all that boring, direct hoofball to be played at Smell. Not laughing now though. He has done a seriously good job and has given a lot of the big time managers a bashing.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
As much as it grieves me to write this i have nothing but respect for how their team has managed to drag themselves off the floor from absolute certainties for the drop to upper mid table respectability, truly astonishing turnaround in fortunes, fair play to them and worst of all their support has to be admired, I FEEL ABSOLUTELY SICK NOW.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Well I think its refreshing that a team can come up from the championship and be slated by every pundit around while the big clubs look down their nose at you with a team that is worth a fraction of the big prema donna clubs and stand their ground regardless of who they are .Fair play I say and credit where its due .

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
what I find more disappointing is not that pulis has turned them around into a solid team, but hes turned them into a decent team! its not like they play shitty football like pulis has in that past at stoke, they are mildly entertaining to watch compared to some of the other dribble in the league e.g. west hame

but yes... congratulations ****wits

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
He has done a remarkable job with essentially Ollies team.
He crucially signed quality in January, not quantity like earlier in the season.
The long ball /throw in tactic from Stoke hasn't been seen, and we are playing some lovely stuff.
Some more astute signings in the summer, and we could push on.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's called sportsmanship. I loathe them with all that I am but to see them graft their way out of the shit with that lot of dross should inspire us.

You loathe them with all that you are and yet for some reason you felt compelled to write a ' well done Palace thread' I take it you weren't around in the 70's and 80's.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
You loathe them with all that you are and yet for some reason you felt compelled to write a ' well done Palace thread' I take it you weren't around in the 70's and 80's.

Yes. Wll clearly you don't know me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think suggesting that very few players from a team 11th in the Premiership would make our starting line-up slightly opens us to ridicule.

Are we suggesting, therfore, that our squad would need no additions should it get promoted?

Maybe I should have a bet on Leicester City for the top four next year.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
There's more chance of david cameron getting stung by a jellyfish than there is of me ever saying well done to p@l@ce!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Don't give them any credit FFS. They've had the luckist 12 months of any football team ever. They went up almost by accident, the rot set in with holloway 15 games before the end of last season. Had there been two more games they wouldn't have made the play-offs and holloway would be in charge of a mid table championship side at the moment. We should've won the tie in the play-offs but Gus acted like a selfish c*** and decided he couldn't be bothered to win.

Even more remarkable though is Pulis. He was appointed at a time when the rest of the premier league clubs wouldn't touch him with a barge pole because of how his team played at stoke. No other manager who was rated wanted the pa**ce job because it was a dead cert for relegation on their CV so Pulis and phallus came together out of desperation and all of a sudden he's turned into some sort of f**king tactical genius over night!! Unbelievable!!

They won't get relegated with him in charge. Ever. Thinking about it makes me want to vomit. The only saving grace is that I have no doubt we'll be up there in the near future.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Congratulate them? Never. I would rather stick my head in a wasp nest.
Although I new pulis would keep them up.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Seriously, how many of this Palace team could be starters in the current Brighton team?

Speroni? Possibly.

Bolaisie? Improved recently. Probably get in.

Jedinak? I guess so, but not if Bridders was still here.

That's it.

Seriously , you are in danger of making a right camels toe of yourself with statements like this . This will be a great thread I can just sense it .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You mean well done Pulis. I did think he'd get them out of trouble as he is clearly several notches up from Hollowhead. The issues will come when he's given money to spend to try and improve the squad, that's where he got found out at Stoke.

Not bad for a old dinosaur eh .

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011
Don't give them any credit FFS. They've had the luckist 12 months of any football team ever. They went up almost by accident, the rot set in with holloway 15 games before the end of last season. Had there been two more games they wouldn't have made the play-offs and holloway would be in charge of a mid table championship side at the moment. We should've won the tie in the play-offs but Gus acted like a selfish c*** and decided he couldn't be bothered to win.

Even more remarkable though is Pulis. He was appointed at a time when the rest of the premier league clubs wouldn't touch him with a barge pole because of how his team played at stoke. No other manager who was rated wanted the pa**ce job because it was a dead cert for relegation on their CV so Pulis and phallus came together out of desperation and all of a sudden he's turned into some sort of f**king tactical genius over night!! Unbelievable!!

They won't get relegated with him in charge. Ever. Thinking about it makes me want to vomit. The only saving grace is that I have no doubt we'll be up there in the near future.

Wow - keep taking the meds, Pulis was out of work for barely 5 months. Hardly in the wilderness.

Pulis, who incidentally I have to say I didn't want for all the reasons that have been mentioned in this thread, has does a brilliant job. Much to my surprise we are playing some very good football at times, yes there's been a few shitty games but the majority have been very entertaining.

We have to do it all again and it won't be much easier next season. If you do get promoted (I see you assume that you'll be promoted very soon, if only it were that easy you do as you say need some luck) learn from our mistake and keep the core of your team together. It's easy to spunk shit loads on very average players.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well I think its refreshing that a team can come up from the championship and be slated by every pundit around while the big clubs look down their nose at you with a team that is worth a fraction of the big prema donna clubs and stand their ground regardless of who they are .Fair play I say and credit where its due .

Thank you .

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The biggest problem Palace have is Selhurst Park. No amount of poorly fitted cladding will sort it out.

Will be interesting to see what the board have in mind.

I would imagine spend a ton of money doing it up and then go into administration again - it's worked for them in the past!!

Oh, and well done!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The biggest problem Palace have is Selhurst Park. No amount of poorly fitted cladding will sort it out.

Will be interesting to see what the board have in mind.

I would imagine spend a ton of money doing it up and then go into administration again - it's worked for them in the past!!

Oh, and well done!

I think you will be surprised with the Plans for the future . Thanks for the after thought btw .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here