Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "well done Palace" thread

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Have to admire your sense of reality.............about Pulis, it's about time you joined us again, just when you think you have caught us up (division wise) we move on again, I dont even think you will get the chance to play against "Gus" next season...........I think he will keep the Mackems up

Pistol on here sucking on the peace pipe! Whatever next? Old Git admitting he's got a pair of blue and white striped slingbacks in the closet!?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Without Pulis, you might have gone down. Your record before he joined was relegation fodder. Pulis, in my opinion, is one of the best in the business at building solid teams.

So it wasn't luck, it was good decision making from the owners.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
The players deserve immense credit too, I honestly thought despite our huge array of signings in the summer, the squad wasn't that bad and certainly better than Hull's for example but Holloway had absolutely no idea how to organise our players even in The Championship.

As soon as he buggered off, the change in the players attitude immediately changed and don't forget, we took 1 month to appoint Pulis but were showing signs of fight before he arrived by beating Hull and somehow only drawing against Everton.

Massive credit obviously has to go to Pulis but considering the deficit we had to make up, for the players to keep believing and potentially finish in 11th place is an unbelievable achievement.

I hope Pulis continues down the same path and doesn't turn us into Stoke, he tried when he first arrived and that brand of football simply didn't work with our squad and the additions of Dann and Ledley suggest he's not ready to give us all neck ache in the near future!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The players deserve immense credit too, I honestly thought despite our huge array of signings in the summer, the squad wasn't that bad and certainly better than Hull's for example but Holloway had absolutely no idea how to organise our players even in The Championship.

As soon as he buggered off, the change in the players attitude immediately changed and don't forget, we took 1 month to appoint Pulis but were showing signs of fight before he arrived by beating Hull and somehow only drawing against Everton.

Massive credit obviously has to go to Pulis but considering the deficit we had to make up, for the players to keep believing and potentially finish in 11th place is an unbelievable achievement.

I hope Pulis continues down the same path and doesn't turn us into Stoke, he tried when he first arrived and that brand of football simply didn't work with our squad and the additions of Dann and Ledley suggest he's not ready to give us all neck ache in the near future!
Did it change back to how it was before, or did it change to something else?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Two things are clear from this thread. The overwhelming sentiment has been that, on a footballing level, the Albion supporters have applauded their fiercest rivals for their outstanding achievements since Pulis arrived and have congratulated the squad for finding the change of mindset and ability required to fight and compete.

The Palace fans, with some honourable exceptions, have chosen to lord it up and take the piss when we salute them.

This is a shame. But is proof, once again, that professional footballers and managers do a job for money and don't really give a monkeys about their fans whilst the fans seem to think that it is THEY who deserve our admiration for palaces achievements, or ours for that matter, on the pitch.

If the thread was titled "well done palaces bright clown suit wearing drummers and banner waving one dirge frigging bleh, Steve Parrish and his hairdo or Kid Jensen avoiding operation Yewtree thus far" then you'd know it was an invite for Trolls to dirty up the thread with their shits and giggles. It is one for football purists only thanks. What Palace FANS think? Who gives a toss?

This belief is flawed. I ****ing detest palaces fans, their board and their ethos. Pulis and the players?. Great job all.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So it wasn't luck, it was good decision making from the owners.

It took them long enough, though, didn't it? It is common knowledge that Prince Charming and Pulis are not exactly the best of mates and that Parish took a lot of convincing to agree to Pulis's contract demands. But in the end, what choice did he have?

Many thanks for all the well done Palace posts,Im not on here to gloat after a season in the premier Its become apparent that the amount of twats we have seemed to have attracted to my beloved club is depressing I know you accumalated a fair amount of Plastics with your move to the Amex but I would still like to go back to the Palace v Brighton rivalry of the 70s & 80s And I dont mean the fun in Hove Park & East Croydon station even though at the time it was exciting(to a teenager of the time) but all the true fans of both sides which I know we both have,as I have Albion friends I would like to see you next season so we could have a proper rival to play as Im sure Norwich would feel the same about Ipswich going up,so best of luck for the next few games!

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
The Palace fans, with some honourable exceptions, have chosen to lord it up and take the piss when we salute them.

It's a shame that you feel that way, I don't believe that this is an accurate assessment of what is happening on this thread. Nice to see some Brighton fans showing a bit of class, unfortunately the nature of the Internet is such that visiting knobs tend to stick out more than reasonable posters. Anyway, how about you lot getting your arse into gear and giving us a shot at taking 6 points off you next season?

Dec 3, 2012
It's a shame that you feel that way, I don't believe that this is an accurate assessment of what is happening on this thread. Nice to see some Brighton fans showing a bit of class, unfortunately the nature of the Internet is such that visiting knobs tend to stick out more than reasonable posters. Anyway, how about you lot getting your arse into gear and giving us a shot at taking 6 points off you next season?

Agreed, its a shame that an entirely reasonable thread has been hijacked by the odd poster trying to needlessly gloat.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Two things are clear from this thread. The overwhelming sentiment has been that, on a footballing level, the Albion supporters have applauded their fiercest rivals for their outstanding achievements since Pulis arrived and have congratulated the squad for finding the change of mindset and ability required to fight and compete.

This is a shame. But is proof, once again, that professional footballers and managers do a job for money and don't really give a monkeys about their fans whilst the fans seem to think that it is THEY who deserve our admiration for palaces achievements, or ours for that matter, on the pitch.

If the thread was titled "well done palaces bright clown suit wearing drummers and banner waving one dirge frigging bleh, Steve Parrish and his hairdo or Kid Jensen avoiding operation Yewtree thus far" then you'd know it was an invite for Trolls to dirty up the thread with their shits and giggles. It is one for football purists only thanks. What Palace FANS think? Who gives a toss?

This belief is flawed. I ****ing detest palaces fans, their board and their ethos. Pulis and the players?. Great job all.

The sentiments are generally well received but the so called gloating only really occurred when some Brighton fans started posting silly comments . Fair play to the genuine Brighton fans for their nice comments because they must hurt ( that's not a dig )

theboybilly

Most Palace fans thought they were certainties for relegation last August although I had never felt that and posted as much on the Holmesdale forum. The Premier League is really 3 mini-leagues and Palace only had to finish in the top three of (if you will ) the bottom 6. They've done much, much better than I thought they would but sustaining a mid-table status will be very hard next year. However, I think they will. They deserve huge credit however begrudgingly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You'd never get a thread like this on the BBS. Credit to NSC.

Andyjohnson

Feb 1, 2012
It took them long enough, though, didn't it? It is common knowledge that Prince Charming and Pulis are not exactly the best of mates and that Parish took a lot of convincing to agree to Pulis's contract demands. But in the end, what choice did he have?

Common knowledge? As in it's been written by a couple of scumbag journalists in a couple of toilet rag tabloids? You're talking rubbish mate. Still, It's pretty impressive that a lot of you on here are able to congratulate palace on staying up. I very much doubt there would have that much class from Millwall.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Common knowledge? As in it's been written by a couple of scumbag journalists in a couple of toilet rag tabloids? You're talking rubbish mate. Still, It's pretty impressive that a lot of you on here are able to congratulate palace on staying up. I very much doubt there would have that much class from Millwall.

What if it had been written by a non-scumbag journalist from a quality paper? Such as, I don't know, the Independent?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Dann is a quality player.

Not sure whether Stokes only ambition was to suck up the prem money and go on the odd cup run so only let Pulis buy the sort of players who would keep that boat steady which would have forced him to develop a squad of giants and hoofers or whether his deepest wish was to play like a potteries Brazil.

Either way...you're about to find out.

Huge credit to him either way. I was wrong about him on here. Now. Where's that humble pie I left somewhere in November.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well done Palace......Pullis has done an unbelievable job and I never thought they would have done so well this season. All we can hope for is they fail next year but I don't think they will. Palace and Saints have had brilliant seasons and the worry is they look stable at the moment but if we went up to the Premier League I could not imagine we would do anything but struggle. Maybe though looking back on last season when we were probably equal or even slightly better than our detested rivals give us some sort of hope when you consider where they are now!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
You'd never get a thread like this on the BBS. Credit to NSC.

You'd never get a thread like this on the BBS because there's never been anything to congratulate you for. When was the last time Brighton were succeeding in a division higher than Palace? :cute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here