Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Ward Draws Wolves Comparisons

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Stephen Ward has compared the current Brighton & Hove Albion squad to the 2009 Wolverhampton Wanderers side that claimed promotion to the Premier League.
The Irishman was part of the successful team that made a return to the top flight under Mick McCarthy and the defender senses the same sort of bond and mixture at Albion.*
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I was saying the other day that the squad here is very similar to the one I got promoted with when I was at Wolves.*
"There were a lot of young, hungry players that wanted to do well mixed with a blend of experienced players that have been there and done it, so it does remind me, especially with the way the team spirit is and how close the lads are.*
“Hopefully it can go the same way here and in terms of Brighton as a club, it is a massive one going in the right direction and the stadium is, in my opinion, the best in the Championship.*
“Once the training ground is in place it will be a real coup and will help attract players down here along with it obviously being a nice area to live in as well.*
“Facilities like this and the fanbase is something every club needs going into the Premier League. It is definitely a club on the outside ready for the top flight and hopefully as a squad of players we can deliver that on the pitch this year.”

Ward admitted that recent results have given a good vibe around the club but admitted that climbing out of the Championship is more difficult this year than it has been before.*
He added, “There is a real good buzz about the place at the moment. *We are in great shape but I believe the Championship at the moment is a lot tougher than in previous years.*
“This season, especially, you can see the quality and the budget of many clubs is a lot more than it was five, six or seven years ago.*
“It has come on leaps and bounds as a league and it is very difficult to get out of, but to be where we are is a great position although obviously we would like to be higher up and in the play-offs.
“However, just outside on goal difference gives us a real chance and if we continue playing the way we have been we are confident we can do our part and hopefully get us in there.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here