Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Police investigating....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Don't forget there are many groups fighting in Syria who want very different things. It's not as simple as rebels versus the Government. Syria is a prise that more radical groups would like to get hold of. The hard part is working out which factions these British citizens are aligning themselves to.

As for UK cops travelling abroad to recover bodies of British citizens, that is normally to satisfy the requirements of our coronial system.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

The 16 year old was in the same year as my son at Longhill. My son used to laugh at his FB page, and show it to me, because it was full of religious crap.

I didn't know he'd been brainwashed to that extent though. He's 16 FFS.

One brother dead, the other shot in the stomach. Religion, eh?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The 16 year old was in the same year as my son at Longhill. My son used to laugh at his FB page, and show it to me, because it was full of religious crap.

Says on the BBC Amer & Jafar are the other brothers in Syria.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

Weirdest thing for me is I had to show Jaffar round in Primary school in year 3. Abdul was the year above with his twin Mohammad but they left pretty quickly. They came from Libya a few years ago after having problems with Gadaffi, so I'm guessing the Libyan uprising inspired them to help out in Syria.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Let's just hope his loving family get the compensation they so richly deserve from the British Government.
This football loving local lad was obviously betrayed by the system and his family deserve answers.2 or 3 million quid minimum I say.

I'm surprised there's not been a call yet for a minutes silence before the game against Blackpool.

Poor old local lad gets caught up in a violent insurrection in a middle eastern country, back in my day our football loving Herbert's used to go abroad and luzz some patio furniture about.

Times certainly have changed..............

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Weirdest thing for me is I had to show Jaffar round in Primary school in year 3.

That'll be 15 Met officers from S015 smashing down your front door at 5am tomorrow morning then, leading you off with a blanket over your head and your laptop in a plastic bag...

I'm surprised there's not been a call yet for a minutes silence before the game against Blackpool.

Poor old local lad gets caught up in a violent insurrection in a middle eastern country, back in my day our football loving Herbert's used to go abroad and luzz some patio furniture about.

Times certainly have changed..............

I like the sound of that,although logistically Monday could be tight for the club to arrange,certainly possible for the Yeovil game,perhaps get His family pitch side with a minutes applause?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I like the sound of that,although logistically Monday could be tight for the club to arrange,certainly possible for the Yeovil game,perhaps get His family pitch side with a minutes applause?

Yeah, Friday would be better for the family, they should change the kick off time to reflect the time of his passing, the crowd should be be respectfully requested to look east for the minutes silence/applause (and on their knees if possible), cat Stevens could referee, the players should wear niqabs and maybe piglets pantry could do a special pie for the ummah...........afterwards the ground would reverberate to Louis Armstrong's classic "On the Sunni side of the street".

Marvellous scenes.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yeah, Friday would be better for the family, they should change the kick off time to reflect the time of his passing, the crowd should be be respectfully requested to look east for the minutes silence/applause (and on their knees if possible), cat Stevens could referee, the players should wear niqabs and maybe piglets pantry could do a special pie for the ummah...........afterwards the ground would reverberate to Louis Armstrong's classic "On the Sunni side of the street".

Marvellous scenes.

Friday is the holy day within the Muslim community, so it seems inappropriate that we play a home game in these circumstances. I have suggested to the club that the game be postponed, or if that is not possible at such short notice, that we should forfeit the points. Seems only right.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Friday is the holy day within the Muslim community, so it seems inappropriate that we play a home game in these circumstances. I have suggested to the club that the game be postponed, or if that is not possible at such short notice, that we should forfeit the points. Seems only right.

Well done.

In an act of symbolic empathy I have just chopped off my bottom wiping hand, luckily I can still wield a pair of scissors.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's terrifying how this lot have been championed by the Brighton groovy gang.

They haven't though have they? To hear William Hague talking about Abdul Deghayes isn't something I ever thought I'd hear and to hear some commentators describing him as a martyr is laughable. Here's waiting for The Daily Mail to get hold of his proper backstory.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
That'll be 15 Met officers from S015 smashing down your front door at 5am tomorrow morning then, leading you off with a blanket over your head and your laptop in a plastic bag...

Won't be SO15 [undercover folk] - you never know when you've met one of them if they're doing their job properly. If you're into mischief, one of them may buy you a beer and pretend to be your best mate. They are softly, softly, catchy monkey, not the door bashing brigade ....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Won't be SO15 [undercover folk] - you never know when you've met one of them if they're doing their job properly. If you're into mischief, one of them may buy you a beer and pretend to be your best mate. They are softly, softly, catchy monkey, not the door bashing brigade ....

I've worked with quite a few S015 folk but that was as part of Silver Command at (potential) terrorist incidents. It would appear their PPE of choice is a blue pinstripe suit and a mobile telephone. I guess they get regular plod to heave in doors, on their behalf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here