Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caroline Lucas NOT guilty

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It looked like she was obstructing the highway to me, why was she arrested if she was not?

The charges I believe were wilful obstruction and it was ruled she would have moved if an emergency required it

And some obstruction of a public order act, and I believe it was ruled the authorities had not advised anyone their were areas they had approved for demonstration and areas not approved. So she had no chance to abide by the rules as they were unknown.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The charges I believe were wilful obstruction and it was ruled she would have moved if an emergency required it

And some obstruction of a public order act, and I believe it was ruled the authorities had not advised anyone their were areas they had approved for demonstration and areas not approved. So she had no chance to abide by the rules as they were unknown.

So Lucas and her followers did all they could to break the law and cause an obstruction but the police and council screwed that up by being incompetent! Sounds about right

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Would that include her four co-defendants and the dozens of others (none of whom are 'politicians') from the same protest who have also been cleared?

Sorry Big Boy but that doesn't wash me I'm afraid. Find a politician not guilty then you have to find the non politicians not guilty as well. If Caroline wasn't involved then you can bet your house on the non politicians protesters would have been found guilty.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And to be honest I expected that outcome as all politicians are innocent aren't they and can never do no wrong. It's only the public who are criminals.

Take the politics out of the equation and she has been found not guilty in a court of law. It's justice, deal with it.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So Lucas and her followers did all they could to break the law and cause an obstruction but the police and council screwed that up by being incompetent! Sounds about right

I am not sure peaceful demonstration counts as 'all you can do to break the law', I would think to do this they would have to take more direct action such as, break into the site, destroy property and machinery and assault police and staff. It does sound like the authorities in charge were rather incompetent in dealing with the site and subsequent protests against it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There will be an explosion of anger over this shortly in Hove.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There will be an explosion of anger over this shortly in Hove.

Hove's finest Thatcher spermatozoa will be conspicuous by his absence on here though.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Take the politics out of the equation and she has been found not guilty in a court of law. It's justice, deal with it.

No I won't deal with it. She'll be around the Magistrates house tonight eating fine food and fine wine and probably get an apology from the Magistrate for wasting Lucas time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am not sure peaceful demonstration counts as 'all you can do to break the law', I would think to do this they would have to take more direct action such as, break into the site, destroy property and machinery and assault police and staff. It does sound like the authorities in charge were rather incompetent in dealing with the site and subsequent protests against it.

I'm not sure we'd have got Archer out without fracturing the odd law here and there.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Hove's finest Thatcher spermatozoa will be conspicuous by his absence on here though.

I heard he has built his own DIY fracking machine and is busy drilling around the Green party offices right now trying to strike black gold.

Attachments

• Oil 14.jpg
    Oil 14.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 206

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No I won't deal with it. She'll be around the Magistrates house tonight eating fine food and fine wine and probably get an apology from the Magistrate for wasting Lucas time.

Oh dear, I'll see if I can get a menu of tonight's feast for you, then hopefully you will self-combust saving the planet from your future Co2 output.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
So what about the dozens of protestors from the same camp who have already been found not guilty?

That ties back to Lucas. Lucas was going to be found not guilty either way so had to find anyone before her not guilty. Could you imagine the outrage if the protesters before her were found guilty and sent to prison and she got a not guilty, there'd be outrage. Would be interesting to see what the outcome would have been without Lucas involvement but we all know that outcome don't we.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
That ties back to Lucas. Lucas was going to be found not guilty either way so had to find anyone before her guilty. Could you imagine the outrage if the protesters before her were found guilty and sent to prison and she got a not guilty, there'd be outrage. Would be interesting to see what the outcome would have been without Lucas involvement but we all know that outcome don't we.

If you've got evidence that the District Judge was somehow coerced into finding the defendants not guilty then please post it here (or if you're worried that the authorities will "nobble" you send it to me and I will take it up for you).
However I suspect you are talking bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here