Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No tickets left for Forest (a)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm baffled as to why Forest would not sell more tickets if they are available. Could understand if they were selling out or likely to sell out. But they won't.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No, I think you'll find that they're only obliged to give us 2000. What I'm not sure about is how many we might get if they can't get into the playoffs?

Yep the league rules, although dumb, state that a visiting team is entitled to 10% or 2,000 whichever is the smaller, unless they want to allocate more, or on the advice of the Police (i.e due to persistant standing, trouble etc) less.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Now your just trying to muddy the waters.

Oh alright then, how many will we get if they can't get into the playoffs and we can't?

How many will we get if they can't get into the playoffs and we can?

How many will we get if they can get into the playoffs and we can't?

How many will we get if they can get into the playoffs and we can?

To use some of Donald Rumsfeld's patented classification of identified and unidentified outcomes, we would see this:

Oh alright then, how many will we get if they can't get into the playoffs and we can't? - this is a 'known known', since we know that as a non-participant in the play-offs we will receive 0 tickets or 0% of ground capacity

How many will we get if they can't get into the playoffs and we can? - these are the 'known unknowns' as it should be 2000 or 10% of the other club's capacity if lower, but we don't know who we are playing to confirm the amount (arguably though it would be 2000 as Derby or QPR capacities are over 20,000, which would mean it becomes a 'known known').

How many will we get if they can get into the playoffs and we can't? - this is another 'known known' as non-qualification would entitle us to 0 tickets or 0% of ground capacity

How many will we get if they can get into the playoffs and we can? - this is another 'known known' as it should be 2000 or 10% of their capacity if lower and we already know this would be 2000

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yep the league rules, although dumb, state that a visiting team is entitled to 10% or 2,000 whichever is the smaller, unless they want to allocate more, or on the advice of the Police (i.e due to persistant standing, trouble etc) less.

Well thanks, that's cleared that up then. I wish you'd posted earlier, it'd have saved a lot of confusion.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
To use some of Donald Rumsfeld's patented classification of identified and unidentified outcomes, we would see this:

Oh alright then, how many will we get if they can't get into the playoffs and we can't? - this is a 'known known', since we know that as a non-participant in the play-offs we will receive 0 tickets or 0% of ground capacity

How many will we get if they can't get into the playoffs and we can? - these are the 'known unknowns' as it should be 2000 or 10% of the other club's capacity if lower, but we don't know who we are playing to confirm the amount (arguably though it would be 2000 as Derby or QPR capacities are over 20,000, which would mean it becomes a 'known known').

How many will we get if they can get into the playoffs and we can't? - this is another 'known known' as non-qualification would entitle us to 0 tickets or 0% of ground capacity

How many will we get if they can get into the playoffs and we can? - this is another 'known known' as it should be 2000 or 10% of their capacity if lower and we already know this would be 2000

I think you've been colluding with Edna.......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Out of interest, since when did the ticket website have a default setting of "collect" when you order away tickets?

Ordered my Forest ticket weeks ago, puzzled somewhat that it hadn't arrived, then checked the email confirmation yesterday to discover I had to tick a specific box if I wanted them posted out. Had to go and collect them today.

I can't tell you how much better value my booking fee feels now.

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out of interest, since when did the ticket website have a default setting of "collect" when you order away tickets?

Ordered my Forest ticket weeks ago, puzzled somewhat that it hadn't arrived, then checked the email confirmation yesterday to discover I had to tick a specific box if I wanted them posted out. Had to go and collect them today.

That just made me check my email as mine haven't arrived yet either, and yep, collect as well. Dammit...how long will the queues be on Monday do we reckon?!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That just made me check my email as mine haven't arrived yet either, and yep, collect as well. Dammit...how long will the queues be on Monday do we reckon?!

No idea. No queues today. They're open tomorrow too if you had a spare moment to pop in & avoid the carnage on Monday.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Checked my email and they're being posted out. I didn't check a box or amend any default option. Give 'me a bell.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I got caught out by that stupid box defaulted to collect for the Barnsley game. A week before I hadn't received them so had to collect. I then queried the fee per ticket and was told they didn't agree with it either but there was nothing they could do!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Checked my email and they're being posted out. I didn't check a box or amend any default option. Give 'me a bell.

Picked it up this afternoon.

Never happened before, all away tickets have been posted when booked online. I haven't really looked (clearly) but it does seem you have to physically opt to have them posted out, rather than not to.

No big deal, I just wondered if anyone else had noticed. Might have been around for months and I've just been spectacularly unobservant.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
All of the stand behind the goal is currently unavailable to purchase where as this season home fans could purchase tickets in there, suggesting we have been given more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 411

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All of the stand behind the goal is currently unavailable to purchase where as this season home fans could purchase tickets in there, suggesting we have been given more.

Forest can still mathematically catch us , if it means they need to beat us in the final game to get a sniff of 6th spot we won't get any extra tickets. On the other hand following their televised Monday 5.15 kick off at Elland Road it could be all over for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here