Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best 'goal' you've seen not scored

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
How could I forgot that one! That would have been goal of the season from him!

This was also the same game where Tommy Fraser scored an overhead kick!

Twas a hell of a strike wasn't it! Fraser did indeed, it was the game that kick started our survival. Also the birth of the Owusu 'raise the roof' celebration.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If I've interpreted the iincoherent thread title correctly, have to admit to almost feeling a twinge of sympathy when watching Lampard's effort v Germany in 2010 World Cup. Almost.
:lol:

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Alan biley volley disallowed against Grimsby first game is season.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
With the Vicente news it's got me thinking. That run against Derby that cannoned off the bar was probably the best 'goal' that I've seen not scored.

Me too. He was unbelievable that game. Would have made it perfect if it had gone in.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Ray Stewart hit a screamer for West Ham from outside the box at the Goldstone which was disallowed by the referee for another player standing in a offside position. Interfering with play the referee said, but surely not ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Sol Campbell's header, for 10 man England, vs Argentina in St Etienne 98.
For all of us there, including the players, we ALL thought it had counted but desperately, Shearer obscured from our view, had his elbows out. Extraordinary game

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seem to remember a Teddy Maybank bicycle kick from the edge of the box that thundered into the Sunderland crossbar. Would possibly have been the Albion goal of the decade!!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Couldn't find a clip of it but Croft's ridiculous volley against Leicester at home this season, he was under pressure and about 35 yards out when he hit it but managed to force Schmeichel into a save :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here