Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All things about Gus Poyet - former Brighton and Hove Albion Manager

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It is funny how even @Thunderbolt can no longer defend him. He's a knob.

Amazing in League 1 but the pressure of the higher divisions just doesn't mix with his massive ego

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Gus walked into his office this morning to find a message from Liam Bridcutt.

2v0crur.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is funny how even @Thunderbolt can no longer defend him. He's a knob.

Amazing in League 1 but the pressure of the higher divisions just doesn't mix with his massive ego

I don't bother now because the haters will hate. I think it is pathetic that so many threads are taken up with the bitterness when we have so many other subjects we could be debating.

One final word from me, it's fairly obvious that despite his ego, his staff & associates still want to work with him. Tanno is a given because he is a good mate, but Charlie gave up his testimonial and 10 years with Brighton to follow him. Andy Beasley the gk coach also went, and Bridcutt couldn't wait to rejoin him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't bother now because the haters will hate. I think it is pathetic that so many threads are taken up with the bitterness when we have so many other subjects we could be debating.

One final word from me, it's fairly obvious that despite his ego, his staff & associates still want to work with him. Tanno is a given because he is a good mate, but Charlie gave up his testimonial and 10 years with Brighton to follow him. Andy Beasley the gk coach also went, and Bridcutt couldn't wait to rejoin him.

Daft arguments. Tanno and Oatway were out of work, and Bridcutt had the chance to TRIPLE his wages.

Beasley would have known full well that Oscar's right hand man is a GK coach.

Of course they'd go.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Daft arguments. Tanno and Oatway were out of work, and Bridcutt had the chance to TRIPLE his wages.

Beasley would have known full well that Oscar's right hand man is a GK coach.

Of course they'd go.

Tanno had his job back and chose to leave. Charlie settled so we don't know whether he was sacked or left.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Shall post this link here too http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/15/sunderland-gus-poyet-resign

Dont think the majority of Sunderland fans will appy a positive spin to it.

He is his own worst enemy, I don't know why can't he quietly discuss the future of Sunderland with the owners behind closed doors. I knew he made that mistake down here but I thought he may have learnt something from it. I was never expecting him to change completely but expected him to tone it down a bit.

This bit here is just wierd;

"Poyet also believes there must be an acceptance of the limitations imposed by Sunderland's geographical position. "We need to be honest," he said. "You get less in the north than in London. Sometimes it's not that easy to convince people to come here, maybe sometimes you have to pay them a bit more. Sometimes that goes against you."

Bloody geographical location ??? The North is the heartland of football in the UK :facepalm: We always had a problem persuading players to come down south.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Sheep were never known for their intelligence,still cannot work out why Monkey man thought that signing a 2nd division defensive midfield player would make a squat of difference , or did he just sign him to spite Tony

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Because if him or despite him? In my mind he kept going but his foot was coming off the gas all the time until the disastrous end

Lets not re-write history eh? Out of our last eleven games under Poyet, we won 5 drew 5 and lost one.Okay, the one we lost was the most important, but that doesn't take away from the fact that is hardly taking his foot off, and if this was in spite of him, you can't really put the last defeat down to him. Personally, I think he was to blame for the play off defeat, but he should get the credit for getting us there, but then like 99.9% of the posters on here, I don't really know what went on

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Will he never learn? He is once more in serious danger of 'Talking himself in the Foot' ! He seems to be totally lacking in any consideration as to how others will define and judge his comments.
I wish I was nice enough to feel sorry for him....but clearly I'm not nice, as I don't. :glare:

D

Deleted member 2719

I can see Gus moving on, doing some world cup stuff while Lineker licks him up and down while bigging himself up for the next job .....Leeds.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I feel for Gus. All he needs is a club where he is able to influence the wider club; issues such as training facilities and methods, even down to pitch type and stadium arrangements. Then everything would be ok. No need to find excuses then, he'd just quietly get on with his job and succeed.

But where our where will he find such a club,? There can't be many around.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I feel for Gus. All he needs is a club where he is able to influence the wider club; issues such as training facilities and methods, even down to pitch type and stadium arrangements. Then everything would be ok. No need to find excuses then, he'd just quietly get on with his job and succeed.

But where our where will he find such a club,? There can't be many around.

I think that's about right. Give him total control and he will do well, very well. He is a control freak, but a talented one.

I can see him going to Leeds, totally rebuilding them and coming good for them again.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
According to The Daily Telegraph.

Apparently, at his coming meeting with the Club hierarchy, he will demand sweeping changes in his head coaching role. Doesn't actually say he will walk if not successful, but would his "pride" allow him to stay?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
His complex shopping list, and for once he hasn't even talked about $$$$ transfer budget, makes me think we were lucky to get away with losing him when we did.

Although he comes across initially as chatty and upbeat in interviews, the underlying message is always that so many things are wrong and so many things need to change. 'Washing the Club's dirty linen in public' as well. Quite depressing if you are a Sunderland fan.

And then other truly positive modern coaches such as Martinez, Dyche, Rodgers and Jackett, have managed clubs which have not got the best of budgets and certainly not the resources of ManC and Chelsea, but they never complain. Simply get on with making players better and working with a finite budget. In my opinion, that makes them far better coaches and man-managers.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Mods can we rename the board Poyet stand chat? It's getting silly now, can't we keep it all to one thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here