Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concratulations Luton Town

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
And then there was this bloke...

_45168313_davidevans_bbc_226.jpg

Luton fans feel about him the way we feel about Archer and Bellotti. Should people hate us because of those two?

I'm delighted to have them back in the league: proper football club with excellent support.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
My point is; if any other clubs forum were to describe Brighton fans, the city of Brighton and any of the previous grounds that we have played in, in the manner that the majority of people have in this thread, the internet would crash and there would be soaking wet mattresses from Peacehaven to Poole as people said how nasty and wrong they were.

Yet it is quite alright for us to say all of that and more about another club, another place and other fans.

And you use a story from the Daily Mail (where else?) of a riot taking place against York City (what sort of clubs fans would do something like that - should be kicked out of the league?!) to illustrate it.

We seem to have gone from discussing their fans to discussing whether Luton is a shithole or not, which I'm really not interested in having a debate about, so I'll leave it at that.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Back in the 70s , thats where their mentality towards "bloody poofs" and "nigs nogs" still is.....w@#@$#!!!

Hmm. The one time I attended a game at Kenilworth Road in the away end - can't remember when, it was midweek about 15 years ago at a guess - I got a text from a Luton supporting mate of mine saying that he couldn't believe that an awful lot of Brighton fans were singing "you're just a town full of pakis" to them. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I am shocked at the denigration of a team that was a massive part of the UK in the seventies...

"I'm playing all the right notes. Not necessarily in the right order."
"He'll never sell any ice creams going at that speed."
"Nice out isn't it?" "Yes, I'll think I'll get mine out."

Plastic pitch, away fan banning Luton however...

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
We seem to have gone from discussing their fans to discussing whether Luton is a shithole or not, which I'm really not interested in having a debate about, so I'll leave it at that.

Yes clearly. I should have written something like: 'My point is; if any other clubs forum were to describe Brighton fans, …… in the manner that the majority of people have in this thread, the internet would crash and there would be soaking wet mattresses from Peacehaven to Poole as people said how nasty and wrong they were'.

Then you might have wanted to continue the debate. Still no great loss to the board, me, you or indeed anyone else I shouldnt wonder.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hmm. The one time I attended a game at Kenilworth Road in the away end - can't remember when, it was midweek about 15 years ago at a guess - I got a text from a Luton supporting mate of mine saying that he couldn't believe that an awful lot of Brighton fans were singing "you're just a town full of pakis" to them. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that.
That was indeed cringeworthy. And even worse was "you're just a small town near Delhi". We do take a remarkable number of absolute gimps away to Luton and always have done - easy train journey (no changes) and guaranteed needle with the vast number of local pikeys are the reason I should think.

But none of this detracts from the point - that Luton are a tin-pot scummy club with an absolutely gash ground. And before anyone bangs on about their support this season, they had a good few gates of 6-7,000 in the TOP division back in the day.

I hope they fk off back to the conference, the non-league cn*ts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As opposed to Brighton who never had a gate like that?
Yes, that's right - as opposed to Brighton, whose gates never dipped below 14,000 when WE were in the first division between 1979 and 1983.

FFS, YOU'RE the one wetting the bed, any time anyone says anything untoward about Luton Town.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We do take a remarkable number of absolute gimps away to Luton and always have done - easy train journey (no changes) and guaranteed needle with the vast number of local pikeys are the reason I should think.

Quite. I'd daresay those you refer to as 'gimps' - the ones who still, even now, think that a few handbags and a little bit of coin throwing and 'hold me back, hold me back' bullshit, is all part of the fun - are among the very few, happy to welcome Luton back.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are you sure about that?
Not entirely. Let's say no gate under 9,500 in the top flight to be absolutely safe.

Just the double standards.

feel free not to contribute if it offends your sensibilities.
I have contributed thanks. One of my contributions was to point out their shìt support back in the day. Obviously this sent you into a bit of a flap, so you desperately tried to prove double standards like you have when ANYONE says anything derogatory about them.

Only the simple fact is that our lowest gate in the top flight was about 50% higher than their lowest first division gate, probably more. So no double standards here.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Not entirely. Let's say no gate under 9,500 in the top flight to be absolutely safe.

I have contributed thanks. One of my contributions was to point out their shìt support back in the day. Obviously this sent you into a bit of a flap, so you desperately tried to prove double standards like you have when ANYONE says anything derogatory about them.

Only the simple fact is that our lowest gate in the top flight was about 50% higher than their lowest first division gate, probably more. So no double standards here.

Yeah lets say that to be safe.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/brighton-and-hove-albion-v-notts-county-27-november-1982-86418/
http://www.11v11.com/matches/brighton-and-hove-albion-v-norwich-city-11-december-1982-86440/

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Tubster - I wouldn't argue with Simster. I can normally get the better of him
but I'm in a small minority :)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Are you sure about that?

I was going to say...we - probably along with Luton and a few others - were mentioned in an annual I got for Christmas back then as one of a few First Division clubs who at times struggled to get 10,000 through the gate. The good old days weren't always good, to quote Billy Joel.

Maybe a lot of the slightly surprising bile towards them on this thread is that in fact they're probably pretty similar to us in some respects: similar crowds, similar level of (under)achievement, crappy ground, as ours was in Div 1 etc.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House

Yeah youre a regular Jeremy Paxman. Im flapping like a bird on its maiden flight.

Quite clearly the double standards I was referring to was the denigrating of club and its fans on this thread, who have done no worse than some of our fans and suffered at the hands of poor ownership, and pointed out that if the abuse was coming the other way many tears and urine would be shed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here