Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much of a Music Snob / Nerd Are You?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I only got 28 but I'm going to reveal my inner music nerd here by disagreeing with you. Why? Music should be about the music and nothing else. Low quality mp3s fine, you have a point. But art work and info/lyrics etc. are purely secondary to the music.

I am obviously from a different generation. I was was watching an edition of Janice Long's album review programme on Vintage TV the other week, where one of the albums being reviewed was Elvis Costello's Armed Forces. the only trouble was the vinyl copy that they had on the table, was not the first impression with the fold out selve and the live EP, but a later issue. This resulted in me shouting at the TV.

Much in the same way as the ITV advert with the guy in the record shop looking at vinyl albums who then pulls the album out of the selve and proceeds to place his fingers on the groves, and not holding by the edge and middle.

Not sure how you go to records fairs if only storing MP3s.

Still each to their own.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I only got 28 but I'm going to reveal my inner music nerd here by disagreeing with you. Why? Music should be about the music and nothing else. Low quality mp3s fine, you have a point. But art work and info/lyrics etc. are purely secondary to the music.

Probably explains why you only scored 28....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am obviously from a different generation. I was was watching an edition of Janice Long's album review programme on Vintage TV the other week, where one of the albums being reviewed was Elvis Costello's Armed Forces. the only trouble was the vinyl copy that they had on the table, was not the first impression with the fold out selve and the live EP, but a later issue. This resulted in me shouting at the TV.

Much in the same way as the ITV advert with the guy in the record shop looking at vinyl albums who then pulls the album out of the selve and proceeds to place his fingers on the groves, and not holding by the edge and middle.

Not sure how you go to records fairs if only storing MP3s.

Still each to their own.

I actually think this sort of behaviour should be encouraged. More people need to react like this. I also fully support anyone who trots off related trivia at the mention of an artist's name. When a song is heard I want people to tell me a story about it and the more tenuous the better. Some of my best friends are music bores like me.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Probably explains why you only scored 28....

which I'm quite glad about! My first concern is listening to music (in HQ). The rest is nice, particularly artwork. But it's the music that counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here