Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton might sign Tero Mäntylä

L

litmanen

As a finnish Brighton-fan I would be really happy if this would happen.
I found this news originally from a finnish footballsite, but apparently there is an english version available too:
http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/brighton-rumours.php

Mäntylä is still a quite young centre back. I saw him play in Europa League, and he played pretty well, a few mistakes, but not too many.
Even if Brighton would not sign Mäntylä, they need to get someone, cus Greer makes too many mistakes, and Dunk is definetely not perfect either.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We haven't got a Finn, so sign him up I say.

Mind you, coming from THAT site it obviously won't happen.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Need this boy as part of our A to Z of players.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
fleetwoodmac310113w.jpg

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
A product of his local club TP-Seinäjoki, Mäntylä joined Premier league club Portsmouth on February 2008, only at the age of 16, signing a three-year contract.[3]

However during his time in England, he never got any chance to prove his merit and only managed to play in two reserve league matches.[4] After his link with Portsmouth expired, he signed with Inter Turku on August 2010. After the 2011 season his contract with Inter expired and he signed a two-and-a-half-year contract with Ludogorets.[5]

Via wiki.

Looks like the sort of cb Albion like on that video, cheers Shaolin. Good positional sense, composed, and likes to play the ball on the ground. Sign him up.

L

litmanen

Hello Jari!

Why do you support Brighton? Good to have you on board.

I think there are many reasons. I visited Brighton in October 29th, when I found a cheap flight from Helsinki to Gatwick (it was a warm and sunny day, by the way. Day before there had been a massive storm in England) and I really liked the town, and I also visited the stadium and the fan shop there. I had never visited any other english stadium before, this was my first visit to England.

But visiting Brighton isn't the only reason why I like the local team. I have followed english football for years and last season I watched some of Brightons games from the Internet, and I just liked the players, the blue-white shirts, the logo, the stadium, and the fact that Brighton is kind of like my hometown Espoo.....a large seaside town close to the capitol city, and has never won any major trophies in football. Very much like Espoo :) Im not the type of guy who supports a team that has won most trophies, that's gloryhunting. I think Brighton has a lot of potential to become a Premier League club in the future.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think there are many reasons. I visited Brighton in October 29th, when I found a cheap flight from Helsinki to Gatwick (it was a warm and sunny day, by the way. Day before there had been a massive storm in England) and I really liked the town, and I also visited the stadium and the fan shop there. I had never visited any other english stadium before, this was my first visit to England.

But visiting Brighton isn't the only reason why I like the local team. I have followed english football for years and last season I watched some of Brightons games from the Internet, and I just liked the players, the blue-white shirts, the logo, the stadium, and the fact that Brighton is kind of like my hometown Espoo.....a large seaside town close to the capitol city, and has never won any major trophies in football. Very much like Espoo :) Im not the type of guy who supports a team that has won most trophies, that's gloryhunting. I think Brighton has a lot of potential to become a Premier League club in the future.

Great to have you on board :thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We haven't got a Finn, so sign him up I say.

Mind you, coming from THAT site it obviously won't happen.

I saw this on a Finnish site a few days ago but didn't post it as it was on FR as well.

Seems it has been reported in Finland and Bulgaria

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here