Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Railway Bell

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Yes I did but can't remember it that well, went in the Open House a few years back and they were selling that blonde lager ( long name beginning with H ) in fancy glasses, it wasn't cheap either.
It must have been The Open House for more than 10 years now??

Hummingbird?

Would have thought it must be at least 15/20 years. The signalman over the road isn't much better...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hummingbird?

Would have thought it must be at least 15/20 years. The signalman over the road isn't much better...

No this stuff, bloody orrible.

image.jpg

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Depends on how many you have had, 2 busy roads to negotiate, or how old /fit you are, Springfield Rd is pretty steep :)

Very true! The problem is the walk up to Brighton station is just as steep!!

If he built up a good base of regulars for matches he might be better off setting up a mini-bus or coach run from the pub. There's a couple of pubs in Patcham that do it, Ladies Mile and the Wilmington - think the latter takes 100 odd to and from on matchdays.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very true! The problem is the walk up to Brighton station is just as steep!!

If he built up a good base of regulars for matches he might be better off setting up a mini-bus or coach run from the pub. There's a couple of pubs in Patcham that do it, Ladies Mile and the Wilmington - think the latter takes 100 odd to and from on matchdays.

That sounds like a good move by the Patcham pubs, I think The Downs (?) in Woodingdean does the mini bus thing.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Got a much better chance getting the train from Brighton though surely? No chance getting on the last 2 trains from London Road.

True, although I've heard it has improved for getting on at London Road this year. Trouble is no one really wants a 10/15 minute walk after a few pints. He'll have to be ready to lose a few pint glasses/plastics cos I imagine people will wanna walk with them! That is one of the positives actually, pretty sure he'll be able to serve in glasses rather than the plastic cups.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
True, although I've heard it has improved for getting on at London Road this year. Trouble is no one really wants a 10/15 minute walk after a few pints. He'll have to be ready to lose a few pint glasses/plastics cos I imagine people will wanna walk with them! That is one of the positives actually, pretty sure he'll be able to serve in glasses rather than the plastic cups.

I'd say if he got the same crowd he did at The Bell come to this pub the OB would be forcing the use of plastic cups. I'm sure the OB wouldn't be too pleased if the old Bell lot moved to The Argyle. While those lads are in the centre of Brighton it's easy for the OB to watch and cover the pub as well as the station..

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I'd say if he got the same crowd he did at The Bell come to this pub the OB would be forcing the use of plastic cups. I'm sure the OB wouldn't be too pleased if the old Bell lot moved to The Argyle. While those lads are in the centre of Brighton it's easy for the OB to watch and cover the pub as well as the station..

It'll certainly be interesting to see if he can get a good crowd there. Personally I think it'll be pretty tough, hope he can though.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Who gives a flying f*ck what the OB think, too many f*cking lickers on here.

Not saying I care what they think but I know they'll try their hardest to f*ck Ross over if they aren't happy. They've been doing the same to the person who runs one of the boozers in Brighton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have often wondered what it's like getting a train from London Road or Moulscoombe.

It's fine if you get the 13:55 from London Road, its usually an 8 carriage train. Go in the front carriage and you get it more or less to yourself. And at this time of year you can pick blackberries on the platform while you wait.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here