When Will Poyet Walk?

When Will Poyet Walk?

• After Man City Away?

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • After Chelsea Away?

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • In Good Time To Pack Flip-flops For His Pundit Gig At the World Cup

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • When He's Rebuilt Sunderland From The Rotten Core And Lead Them Back Into The Premier League

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 10.1%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Unlike some on here, I don't feel the need to link every post on here to how much of a bustard our ex manager is, perhaps this is some kind of personality disorder, i don't know. However, whatever anyone thinks Poyet was a great manager for us, for three and a bit years, and I am grateful to him for that. Now he has gone, I personally don't care what he does, unless it nhas a bearing on us,anore than I care what happens to Slade , Adams, pr even Mullery

Fair enough. TBH I have always said Gus was a good manager (of our team), but a great one? Not in my book. Mullery streets ahead.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah , lets all wallow in how badly Poyet is doing that will .ake us all feel better and give us a nailed on place in the play offs, a d teach tbat ungrateful egotist scum bag a lesson he will ne er forget.

Grow up

It's got nothing to do with maturity (and you know it). Just pointing out the mounting evidence of Gus' character flaws and good but not great manager credentials.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
5 posts and counting. I would rather have a Gus debate than hear about your fixation for your ex wife, who is a manager, about to come out of work with a mental illness according to some on here. Get on with life.

To qoute Roger Waters " Ticking away the hours in an off hand way'

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
5 posts and counting. I would rather have a Gus debate than hear about your fixation for your ex wife, who is a manager, about to come out of work with a mental illness according to some on here. Get on with life.

A Gus debate ..gosh not many of those in the archive :whistle: ...get on with life is much more preferable

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why do you resort to personal insults to put your point across?

My post (the one you quote) was one that lampooned the post it responded to. Why didn't you interpret the original post as personally insulting TB? I suggest your post reeks of double-standards.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Could be wrong, but he will wait until pushed so that he can grab the $$$$$$$ for the remainder of the lucrative contract. Once bitten, twice shy ... he will ensure that the way the professional & savvy Bloom & Barber outfoxed him, will not be repeated.

BBC5live Monday Night Football Club summed it up last night, and Talksport have said the same .... with Gus "it's always someone else's fault". Talksport mentioned he'd had a supportive and generous Chairman (TB) at the Albion, but still whinged and moaned about stuff. Great that the outside football world have begun to take note, about Poyet's traits and inadequacies, because initially when he was suspended last year, for a while with that persuasive gob of his, he had the media in his pocket about the way he'd been mistreated.

Good news isn't it? And also indicates why the subject of Gus is still so relevant to the Albion and the NSC faithful.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Surely these club chairman link in amongst each other and word must be out there to avoid....or maybe will be soon

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My post (the one you quote) was one that lampooned the post it responded to. Why didn't you interpret the original post as personally insulting TB? I suggest your post reeks of double-standards.

A rich sugar daddy is insulting to TB? Is TB likely to read it?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

My original post was not a criticism of Tony Bloom, more a criticism of some of the posters on here, and their one track agenda to link every new post , to what happened with Poyet, all the time insisting they don't care what he's doing.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Of course we're going to talk about Poyet. Love him or hate him he was the most entertaining manager we've had since Clough (I wish him luck - although I also wish him a dose of reality so that one day he realises that Brighton is a worthy and friendly club)

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
What a load of judgemental BS. You know that all the people who realised Gus was/is a big-mouthed ungrateful egotist were/are:
'very bitter people ...'
'... who can't have very much going on in their lives'
Rude. Arrogant.

Not really. It is very odd that people are still so fixated on a man who brought the good times back to Brighton, and want to sneer at everything he does just because his appointment ended in tears, as most managerial ones do in the world of football. Oscar Garcia is the manager now and I personally think he's doing a cracking job. Who cares what Gus is up to? For people to continually go on about him smacks of them being bitter, and not having anything more important to think about.

As for the egotistical part, I find it amusing that so many poor genteel Sussex folk have such an issue with it. He is / was a footballer, a very successful one. He was a very successful manager in his time here. How many of those kinds of people aren't like that?

Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough, Arsene Wenger. All lovely, down to earth, modest guys? Er, no. Poyet was a bit of a *******, so what? It wasn't his job to be nice and tell the fans how grateful he was, it was his job to win football matches, which he did a hell of a lot more often than not. I'd much rather that than a nice guy, or shall we get Slade or Hinshelwood back?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Seems like a very candid interview to me. Whilst I agree there is an element of 'it's never my fault' with Poyet, he is right that there is clearly something deeply wrong with that club. They've had a succession of successful, high profile managers, and not one of them has come close to making a success of it. I reckon he's right, they do need to make big changes, and if they give Gus the backing that he needs, he'll turn them around. The problem is that he wants full control, like Ferguson had at Man Utd, and I think that's unrealistic in modern football. Certainly for an up and coming manager in the Premier League, anyway.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Already has in his tiny mind, he tried this once before and it didn't work.
What makes him think it will work now.
Trying to put himself in the shop window by guaranteeing relegation for Sunderland, makes no sense at all.
At least we reached the playoffs, so he had some leverage there, but this time.:shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Eh!? To clarify, TB = Thunder Bolt (you!) Personally insulting to other posters...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not really. It is very odd that people are still so fixated on a man who brought the good times back to Brighton, and want to sneer at everything he does just because his appointment ended in tears, as most managerial ones do in the world of football. Oscar Garcia is the manager now and I personally think he's doing a cracking job. Who cares what Gus is up to? For people to continually go on about him smacks of them being bitter, and not having anything more important to think about.

As for the egotistical part, I find it amusing that so many poor genteel Sussex folk have such an issue with it. He is / was a footballer, a very successful one. He was a very successful manager in his time here. How many of those kinds of people aren't like that?

Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough, Arsene Wenger. All lovely, down to earth, modest guys? Er, no. Poyet was a bit of a *******, so what? It wasn't his job to be nice and tell the fans how grateful he was, it was his job to win football matches, which he did a hell of a lot more often than not. I'd much rather that than a nice guy, or shall we get Slade or Hinshelwood back?

Being 'a nice guy' is not mutually exclusive with being a good manager - see Martinez for example. Managers like SAF and 'The Special One' have earned the right to be arrogant via their achievements at the highest levels. Gus hasn't and, thanks to his character flaws, he probably won't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here