Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading vs Leicester

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Will Nigel Pearson have given the Foxes a rocket up their arses after their 1-4 home defeat against Brighton?
Will Nigel Adkins have given the Royals a rocket up their arses after their 3-1 away defeat against Bournemouth?
Will we still be in the top six after full time tonight?
Reading only need a draw to knock us back out of the play-off places (on goal difference).
I think Leicester will be raring to go and will want to leave the Championship on top.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Yeah, Pearson would have laid into them in his mild mannered way after we whipped their arses last tuesday. I reckon the "well done for this season lads. You're auditioning to be in our first 11 line-up in the Premier League from this point onwards" might well have been aired before tonights match. They still need to seal the title. Fingers crossed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Reading will get something from this i feel. Very hard to motivate a team that has been promoted as we found out under Poyet. We didn't win any of our last four games.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Reading will get something from this i feel. Very hard to motivate a team that has been promoted as we found out under Poyet. We didn't win any of our last four games.

But that was after we won the title, not after we were promoted.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

True, but we were champions by then, they are not quite there yet. Plus several of the regular players are out of contract as is Pearson, so I'm hoping that will spur them on. As I type this i realise I'm clutching at straws just a bit........

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Neither team have won on a Monday night in the league this season, has draw written all over it!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Draw is a good result for Brighton tonight too though, even if a Leicester win is better. I'd take that now. And a draw would leave four teams within two points going for (realistically) one place.

Reading have got some midfield injury problems, which can only help.

Reading Dave

Jun 25, 2013
Leicester look good value at 11/8. Think they'll be a backlash after the drubbing you lot gave them, and the fact that we're awful at home won't help.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Obviously we want Reading dropping points, so a Leicester win is the BEST result.

That said, I wouldn't mind a draw at all - so Leicester don't wrap up the title just yet - Burnley's last three matches are against Wigan, Ipswich and Reading, so I'd like it if they still have an outside chance of the title, rather than coasting through those games.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Leicester look good value at 11/8. Think they'll be a backlash after the drubbing you lot gave them, and the fact that we're awful at home won't help.

Are any of your decent centre mids back? You appeared to play four wingers against Bournemouth. Although given we played three against Leicester maybe that's the way to go.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Leicester currently 6 points clear of Burnley with a four-goal cushion and the game-in-hand tonight, would take a huge ****-up for them to not win the title if they get 3 points later.

If they lose however, 6 points clear with 4 games to go and a goal difference of at most 3 more than Burnley isn't quite so cushty. I'm sure Pearson knows that. They'll do us a favour tonight I'm sure of it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A Leicester reaction to being duffed up by us.
Followed, on Friday, by a Reading reaction to being done over by Leicester.

We win at Huddersfield, and Robert's your father's brother, we're 5th.

Happy days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here