Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Warwickshire v Sussex, Edgbaston, 13-16 April, LCCC Div 1***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Looks like the ECB dictating our season already, Katie allowed in but Prior to be rested, how will he get any form without a run in the side. Looks like they may play Harry Finch as well.

Radio coverage should start around 11am

The Sussex squad is as from:

JE Anyon
BC Brown (wkt)
HZ Finch
RJ Hamilton-Brown
CJ Jordan
EC Joyce (capt)
J Lewis
MW Machan
SJ Magoffin
SA Piolet
LWP Wells
MH Yardy
SAA Zaidi

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Priors injured

I heard he had picked up blistered hands during of his innings against Middlesex, as that was the longest he had held a bat for some time.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Priors injured

Are you defending the ECB, I like to blame them for all our ills, I see the Argus is saying its his Achilles, I think the powers just like to sabotage our poor efforts to win games

From the Argus;

Sussex welcome back Chris Jordan after he was rested for the opening win against Middlesex but Chris Nash and Luke Wright are still unavailable while a late decision will be made on Matt Prior’s troublesome Achilles.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Prior must be knackered after his few days off.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Warwickshire have won the toss and decided to bat us into submission first

Warwickshire Team

V Chopra, LJ Evans, IJL Trott, IR Bell*, TR Ambrose†, R Clarke, CR Woakes, KHD Barker, JS Patel, CJC Wright, OJ Hannon-Dalby

Sussex Team

EC Joyce*, LWP Wells, MH Yardy, RJ Hamilton-Brown, MW Machan, Ashar Zaidi, BC Brown†, SJ Magoffin, JE Anyon, CJ Jordan, J Lewis

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
LV County Championship Division One, Warwickshire v Sussex at Birmingham, Apr 13-16, 2014

Ah Warwickshire at Edgbaston - the fixture that we have to lose every year under ECB rules. Good of us to help Trott back into form for England I suppose....

Sorry forgot to post Teams:

Warwickshire Team
V Chopra, LJ Evans, IJL Trott, IR Bell*, TR Ambrose†, R Clarke, CR Woakes, KHD Barker, JS Patel, CJC Wright, OJ Hannon-Dalby

Sussex Team
EC Joyce*, LWP Wells, MH Yardy, RJ Hamilton-Brown, MW Machan, Ashar Zaidi, BC Brown†, SJ Magoffin, JE Anyon, CJ Jordan, J Lewis

Warwick win toss (of course) and will bat (until Tea tomorrow probably).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Warwickshire have won the toss and decided to bat us into submission first

Warwickshire Team

Sussex Team

*sigh*
Wyre luce

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Here we go, the annual mauling from Warwickshire.

Edit : yes I know we play them twice in the LV but away at Edgbaston always seems THE one that really spanks us.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Already 3-0, there's no coming back for Sussex.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
OJ Hannon-Dalby. Surely this could kick-start a thread of Dickensian-sounding cricketers?

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Why are we even playing? We have already fluked one win this season, 2 would be ridiculous.

We offered them all the points if we could just stay at home and prepare for relegation, but the ECB said we had to play after an appeal from Warwickshire who need to sell off some beer left over from last year, they also said Trott needed some batting practice against some easy bowling.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I heard he had picked up blistered hands during of his innings against Middlesex, as that was the longest he had held a bat for some time.

I heard he was driven away by a PIG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here