Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was that the dullest 3-0 win ever?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We could go up this year, which will make it one of the most bizarre seasons ever, as all I read on here from pretty much every single poster at one time or another, is that our football is dull and boring or limited and unadventurous, and that points are regularly being lost because of defensive set-ups, poor individual mistakes and so on. All this seems true and yet somehow we're getting enough points to possibly get promoted.

Can I disassociate myself from this summary? :wink:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Blimey, I've read some bizarre moans this season but this one is the gold medal winner.

16 shots, 60% possession and three goals and people can STILL find something to gripe about?

Plenty of people bleating around me in WSL. Moaning about (in no particular order):

Flapergren - leave the guy alone FFA
Bruno being so much worse than Calde, despite a near mom performance
Ward for not getting forward
Greer, Stephens, lingard, Andrews being negative
Ulloa for being lazy!!!!
Ignoring jesse's astonishing finish for the first goal when he missed his big chance second half
Going on and on about taking kaz off in what transpired to be a very good substitution.
And so on.

Jebus on a bike, what do these people want?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No such thing as a dull Albion 3-0 win (of course)

This. Anyone taking a dominant Albion league performance for granted by calling it dull is probably better off supporting Chelsea from the comfort of an armchair.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It was the best 3-0 I have ever witnessed in my entire life.
ajupytut.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Plenty of people bleating around me in WSL. Moaning about (in no particular order):

Flapergren - leave the guy alone FFA
Bruno being so much worse than Calde, despite a near mom performance
Ward for not getting forward
Greer, Stephens, lingard, Andrews being negative
Ulloa for being lazy!!!!
Ignoring jesse's astonishing finish for the first goal when he missed his big chance second half
Going on and on about taking kaz off in what transpired to be a very good substitution.
And so on.

Jebus on a bike, what do these people want?

blood blood and more blood

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Boring as feck, bring back being beaten by Middlesbrough!!!! Oscar out!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh dear, 16 thumbs down :down:

Let me try again now I'm not quite so inebriated. My post wasn't a moan in anyway at all, although I see now it does look like that. I loved the ease with which we won the game, and it was an excellent performance.

What I was trying to get across was I just thought that for a 3-0 win, it wasn't exactly the most exciting, edge-of-your-seat type game, which you would think for a 3-0 win, it would have been. It was pretty obvious to me we were going to win quite comfortably once we scored. I guess the biggest reason for that was because Charlton were so appallingly bad, it didn't make for great entertainment. As others have said though, I'd take that every game for the rest of the season.

Now, someone pass me a spade and I'll keep digging.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Think I am right in saying that this season shaping out to be our 4th/5th most successful season in our entire history
That kind of puts it into context to all those being negative-UTA

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Let me try again now I'm not quite so inebriated. My post wasn't a moan in anyway at all, although I see now it does look like that. I loved the ease with which we won the game, and it was an excellent performance.

What I was trying to get across was I just thought that for a 3-0 win, it wasn't exactly the most exciting, edge-of-your-seat type game, which you would think for a 3-0 win, it would have been. It was pretty obvious to me we were going to win quite comfortably once we scored. I guess the biggest reason for that was because Charlton were so appallingly bad, it didn't make for great entertainment. As others have said though, I'd take that every game for the rest of the season.

3-0 wins aren't usually 'edge of your seat' atall - that's the narrow 1 goal wins or draws etc. I think you just had a bad day at the football?!?!? Most sat back, supported the team and enjoyed the excellent performance!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I know exactly what you meant yesterday. It was a solid performance but it was dull in that second half. I so wanted us to completely take them to the cleaners with a few more because they were awful and we could have done with a bit more effort. So many times during the game I was so surprised that neither Lingard or Stephens busted a gut to join KLL or Ulloa when they were isolated. I think a fit Buckley would have destroyed them yesterday.
Very pleased with the win though of course.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We could go up this year, which will make it one of the most bizarre seasons ever, as all I read on here from pretty much every single poster at one time or another, is that our football is dull and boring or limited and unadventurous, and that points are regularly being lost because of defensive set-ups, poor individual mistakes and so on. All this seems true and yet somehow we're getting enough points to possibly get promoted.

Can I disassociate myself from this summary? :wink:

No, you can't ;)

We took our chances for a change. We have missed a hatful of sitters all season and recently been punished for every mistake. I have never lost confidence in Oscar but I have lost it in quite a few of the players recently. Really chuffed for Oscar tonight.

Let's hope that this is the turning point and that the players kick on and believe.

Not sure I completely agree with this. If we are attractive goal scoring team hovering around the top of the table or the playoffs every year, even if we don't go up, I think we would still continue to keep or even increase season ticket sale. Being entertaining and scoring a hatful of goals whilst losing other games would keep the crowds rolling up.

Given our season being rescued by a mean defence whilst scoring a paltry number of goals I am actually surprised more haven't given up on a season ticket and decided to just turn up when they fancy it.

It's all about entertainment for so many Brighton fans I feel and we haven't really been that entertained this season, although Oscar has done a great job given the circumstances.

-------

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, you can't ;)

Er yes I can, the first quote says nothing about negative football or losing faith in what Oscar is trying to do. That was written after 3 defeats where the PLAYERS had let us down.

The second quote was about what some Brighton fans may feel, not how I felt!

You'll have to try again if you to rope me into the negativity you suggest most Albion fans have been posting about! I have not posted that we are dull or uninspiring or limited. Disappointment at player mistakes or lack of taking goal scoring chances is not the same!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was really bored jumping out of my seat celebrating 3 goals. :clap2:

I would rather see a 3-0 win than a 0-0 or seeing us lose.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Have to agree I almost nodded off in the second half. Modern football to an extent, the game is won so hang onto the lead.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No, you can't ;)

Er yes I can, the first quote says nothing about negative football or losing faith in what Oscar is trying to do. That was written after 3 defeats where the PLAYERS had let us down.

The second quote was about what some Brighton fans may feel, not how I felt!

You'll have to try again if you to rope me into the negativity you suggest most Albion fans have been posting about! I have not posted that we are dull or uninspiring or limited. Disappointment at player mistakes or lack of taking goal scoring chances is not the same!

My post also didn't say anything about losing faith in Oscar, and had nothing to do with fan negativity. I don't believe the massive volume of posts about this season not having very entertaining football is fans being negative, its fans just saying what they see. No, my post was about this season, if we go up, being the strangest promotion ever for precisely that reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here