Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's make the Amex a cacophony of noise

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This Saturday could see us slip into the play offs, so instead of nervously sitting down and waiting for the team to perform.....

Why not make the Amex a cacophony of noise showing the team and Oscar we can rise to the occasion.....

Lets show some feckin passion.......

Or we could sit quietly contemplating what could have been, and leave early...... moaning about no passion or commitment by the team.....

Get on with it people, we can do this...............

If you are just encouraging fans to get behind the team - I couldn't agree more.
If I'm supposed to read between the lines and see an incitement to stand during the match - no way. Especially on the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough, we should embrace our safe, all seated, wonderful stadium. It's just as easy to get behind the team and remain seated.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If you are just encouraging fans to get behind the team - I couldn't agree more.
If I'm supposed to read between the lines and see an incitement to stand during the match - no way. Especially on the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough, we should embrace our safe, all seated, wonderful stadium. It's just as easy to get behind the team and remain seated.

Hillsborough was nothing to do with standing.
More to do with ticketless fans storming the gates to get in to a ground that was under policed.Then spending 25 years blaming somebody else for it.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Let's stop squabbling amongst ourselves and all get behind the team.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Hillsborough was nothing to do with standing.
More to do with ticketless fans storming the gates to get in to a ground that was under policed.Then spending 25 years blaming somebody else for it.

"Storming"? Might I suggest you correct your suggestion that this was in some way perpetrated by fans behaving badly?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
its vital we do this, if ipswich, bournemouth lose their games, and reading lose theirs on monday, that means that if we win every game after tomorrow we will be in the play offs, no noise = no performance

All we have to do is win tomorrow, then we're in the playoffs! Whether Bournemouth or Ipswich win or not...Leicester WILL beat Reading on Monday. If not Leicester, then Wigan or QPR will. They have a tough few games ahead of them. Winning tomorrow is all that matters right now. Get in, and it's likely we'll stay in, even if we don't win every game. Bournemouth are the threat!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
"Storming"? Might I suggest you correct your suggestion that this was in some way perpetrated by fans behaving badly?

I am suggesting that if everybody that tried to enter that ground had a valid ticket then this disaster would never have happened just like the year before when the same fixture accured without incident.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
The fact this has 29 replies tells you that 29 of us will humm a little

fireball

Jan 24, 2010
songs for saturday

In 1983 we went to Wembley
To play Man United and make history
Robbo was through, but he passed it to
Smith
The stupid Scotch b*st*rd was p*ssed
and he missed

And its Brighton Hove Albion
Brighton Hove Albion FC
We're by far the greatest team the
world has ever seen

The Brighton aces

you fu###ng northern b#st###s

we are the brighton north stand

so let just get beind the team we all love

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
You're blaming the fans then. I find this immensely disappointing in light of all that has been revealed. Have you read ANY of this - http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/report/?

I am voicing my opinion.

After a disaster of this nature.

The conduct of every organisation involved in putting that event together will be scrutinised.

Its easy to pass the blame on to organisations that are accountable instead of looking in the mirror
& saying we were to blame.

This may sound boring but if non ticket holders had not tried to enter the ground then this would not have happened.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Oh I see nervously sitting down comment..... This is how conspiracy theory's start, misinterpretation..... Just get behind the team fella or go and work for the daily mail, do you see the little binfest you started with your blind ignorant comment..... Easy isn't it.....

Feb 14, 2010
This may sound boring but if non ticket holders had not tried to enter the ground then this would not have happened.[/QUOTE]

I understand that is not correct. The police made a mistake by herding too many people into the same area (pen) of the terrace. But the big point is why the police reverted to a default position and perverted the course of justice by telling lies andaemending witness statements so not to tell the truth? Disgraceful but as with the Cardiff scandal, the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4, an apparent deliberate botch up of the Lawrence investigations because police had relationships with the murderers criminal families and the list goes on. Not one member of the police force has been sent to prison for any of that. As someone who helps pay their wages, then I do sometimes wonder what value for money I get from the police force. The MET seems an organisation that is so bad that it is beyond reform, it needs to be closed down and started up from fresh. We are all told to believe the police but if on a jury, then everyone must now start from the point that there is an evens chance that the police are telling lies. Its just not good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here