Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's WORST PUB World Cup - nominations

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Consider the Branch Tavern fifth-ed

And a nomination here for the Park View for the ever-lousy service and its sole use as a post-nursery hangout for yummy mummies and their spoilt sprogs, accompanied at weekends by their braying partners.

Park View seconded.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How many people have been to the Park View since the refurb and reopening?

I'd be interested to scope it out. Although, this has put me off a little bit...

Just a stone's throw from Preston Park, you'll find a pub that's cosmopolitan Brighton at its best. Alongside our impressive range of speciality drinks and pub food at The Park View, you'll find a line-up of interesting activities throughout the week, such as Tai Chi Mat and the odd live band too, with the Peruvian nose flute making an occasional appearance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'd be interested to scope it out. Although, this has put me off a little bit...

Well I walked in there with two others last Friday about 5pm intending to order food. It was completely rammed. Knowing how bad service is there at the best of times we walked straight back out again. The Crown and Anchor got our money instead.

Or did you mean the Preston Park Tavern? Not been in there yet since the revamp.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we're allowing city limits then I'm going to have to agree with The Seafield and call thread over.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit

Just a stone's throw from Preston Park, you'll find a pub that's cosmopolitan Brighton at its best. Alongside our impressive range of speciality drinks and pub food at The Park View, you'll find a line-up of interesting activities throughout the week, such as Tai Chi Mat and the odd live band too, with the Peruvian nose flute making an occasional appearance.

**** me! I think I'm going to be sick.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
A fifth (or should that be filth) vote for the Branch. I have to vist, to play bar billiards in there, and cannot wait to leave, as soon as i arrive.

Can I also nominate the Open House. so far up it's own back side, it must be blind. Shocking prices, awful beer, and virtually non existent service.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

**** me! I think I'm going to be sick.

I'll raise you with Bistro Nantais on Church Road, Hove, they have recently announced that a Harpist will play there every Tuesday evening.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
another vote for The Whistlestop Tavern. For the sign in the 'garden' asking drinkers not to throw glasses onto the railway line and the photos outside proudly showing off the refurbished urinals.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'd like to nominate the Stanmer Park Tavern. Horrible, look over your shoulder, place. Although when I was in there before christmas thy had a non-sensual offer where you got a free pint if you were wearing a christmas jumper, which was nice since we definitely only wanted to stay for one!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They should issue hard hats for The Pond. The locals in The Eddy are nice though.

The Eddy (or Edinburgh as it is for now) has actually improved lately. Great sunday lunch in there. Although don't go in too early give the staff a chance to wake up first.

Oct 25, 2003
I like that this competition is producing two categories of pubs.....the traditional shit hole type, and the "trying to be so good that they're actually shit" type

great stuff

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd like to nominate the Stanmer Park Tavern. Horrible, look over your shoulder, place. Although when I was in there before christmas thy had a non-sensual offer where you got a free pint if you were wearing a christmas jumper, which was nice since we definitely only wanted to stay for one!

Surprised it's taken to post #71 to nominate this. Seconded.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'll 2nd The Stamner Park Tavern. It was the first pub I thought of when I saw this thread.

The Hollingbury
Martha Gunn
Seafield
William IV
The French Horn (This is the latest attempt at the Compton Arms/ Rat and Trumpet/Foggs site on the Dials. Awful, awful pub. Horrible, horrible people.)

If only The Spreadeagle were still open.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here