Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Current World XI Draft

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I've had to check to make sure this player hasn't been picked twice now, 'cos I'm shocked he's still free after 61 picks.

They fit in to EIGHT categories.

Category 1 - Has played at least 200 times for one club.

I thought it was 200 at their current club....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My next pick can either qualify for the young player category or the 'yet to play in a World Cup' category. He has played in an Under 20 World Cup though, winning it with France in 2013 and being named Player of the Tournament. He was also 'Golden Boy 2013'. He's only made 84 senior club appearances plus 8 senior international appearances for France. I think he's already one of the best midfielders in the world, and will go from strength to strength. He's Manchester United's second biggest mistake of recent years, but, in fairness, given the high quality of their midfield, it's difficult to see how he could have got a game.

With 11 goals in 54 league appearances for Juventus...it's Paul Pogba!

View attachment 52990

Gah! He was next up for me. What a player.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
For this pick, I'm gonna pick an absolute gem of a player. At only 20 years of age, he has already commanded a €45million fee for his transfer from Porto to Monaco. He can play on the wing or inside as an attacking midfielder. He is set to light up the World Cup with Columbia as the "new Vallderama" and has a record of a goal/assist every ther game. His name is:
James Rodriguez.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's me next, right? I'm going to gamble that it is as I'm out for the next 10-12 hours....

So, my pick in the fourth round of the draft is a man that can play on the wing or as a forward. He's a man that has played never played in a world cup, is currently playing outside the big four leagues and has played in four different countries, picking up his leagues golden boot along the way. He has won three league titles, he is, of course, the incredible:
3166431-2333369-hulk_001.jpg

Over to you [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]

N.B Picture may not be a true representation of Givanildo Vieira de Souza, aka HULK.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
By the way, PaulCPFC is currently banned, he tweeted me and asked for me to send his picks through me so when it comes round to him tag me and I'll let him know, he should have a new account soon hopefully.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My next draft, playing up front, is...

Mr Sergio Leonel "Kun" Agüero Del Castillo.

File:Suisse_vs_Argentine_-_Sergio_Ag%C3%BCero_(cropped).jpg

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's me next, right? I'm going to gamble that it is as I'm out for the next 10-12 hours....

So, my pick in the fourth round of the draft is a man that can play on the wing or as a forward. He's a man that has played never played in a world cup, is currently playing outside the big four leagues and has played in four different countries, picking up his leagues golden boot along the way. He has won three league titles, he is, of course, the incredible:

Over to you [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]

N.B Picture may not be a true representation of Givanildo Vieira de Souza, aka HULK.

That was my next pick :down:

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
He hasn't played this season, his last game was the final week of the 12/13 season.

As techincally [MENTION=26348]tomfitz12[/MENTION] has had his two picks (and I'm not around tomorrow morning.) I'm going to keep the draft going. When he comes on he is free to change Beckham for somebody else. Didn't really plan for this to happen, so I've had to make a decision on the fly.

Edit: Unless people object. Just a potential 20 hour gap seems like a bit of a pisser.

can I change him later this afternoon??? cant access my draft atm but will do it when im home :)

Oct 25, 2003
anyway, my next pick is a guy who made his international debut for Germany in 2011 and has therefore never played in a world cup

the latest addition to team turienzo is MARCO REUS

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Also, [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] is up next by my reckoning.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Great player....what category does he fit into though?

Have made an error and will need to throw him out. Thought he had been a top scorer in Spain.

He'll be replaced by...

Seydou Doumbia

Top scorer in the Russian Premier League.

Seydou+Doumbia+CSKA+Moscow+v+Alania+Vladikavkaz+tLS7ZEiXrPUl.jpg

Last edited:

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Aguero played over 200 times for Atlético Madrid. Could [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] clarify whether it has to be 200 times for the current club, or can it be any club?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Category 1 - Has played at least 200 times for one club.
Has made at least 200 appearances for the same club. League & Cup both count. Friendlies however, do not. The 200 appearances can be spread over more than one spell at the club. Managers who have been in charge of one club for 200 games count.

It seems that Aguero does qualify after all.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Aguero played over 200 times for Atlético Madrid. Could [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] clarify whether it has to be 200 times for the current club, or can it be any club?

Did he? I had to write Aguero off as a potential selection as, according to wikipedia, he played for them 175 times...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here