Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mini Bus hire...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Do we have any people wih contacts here at all? Looking for a 10-15 man Mini bus driver provided, would rather see money go to an Albion fan if possible.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Choice rentals provide good minibuses, which I have used for away games. I'm not sure if they provide a driver though :/

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Always willing to help. Just need to know a few details... Smallest mini coach we have is 16 seater. Just call with the following details, pick up time, Pick up address, date of hire and destination with departure return time. All fuel and driver costs are included in the quote. Call Regency coaches on 01273 477333 or email office@regencycoaches.co.uk
I'm off on leave until Monday so either wait until then or call them this week if you cannot until then.

p.s The larger the vehicle you hire the cheaper the per head cost works out for you. Therefore if you can get more people interested the better the quote will be.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Always willing to help. Just need to know a few details... Smallest mini coach we have is 16 seater. Just call with the following details, pick up time, Pick up address, date of hire and destination with departure return time. All fuel and driver costs are included in the quote. Call Regency coaches on 01273 477333 or email office@regencycoaches.co.uk
I'm off on leave until Monday so either wait until then or call them this week if you cannot until then.

p.s The larger the vehicle you hire the cheaper the per head cost works out for you. Therefore if you can get more people interested the better the quote will be.

What's the rules around hiring buses for away games ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Thanks [MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION] Will drop you an Email next week.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Is their sufficient space for several crates of lager?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Behave! What's the point in going if your not getting tanked up on the way... my life.

I know that, and I fully understand you. I was only saying it because the law prohibits alcohol on coaches going to designated football matches in this country, and the police may stop & search coaches for booze. Therefore if you're planning to book one, be a bit discreet or risk it being taken off you. That's all :)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Is their sufficient space for several crates of lager?

Alcohol is not allowed to be consumed or carried on a PCV vehicle to sporting events. You could be stopped even at a service station, have your tickets confiscated and the alcohol removed from the coach.
The driver will be well aware of these rules. If the coach will be arriving outside a sport venue where police are highly likely to be in attendance then you are taking a huge risk on whether or not you gain entry. The police can authorise the driver to leave with or without his/her passengers on board.
Not my rules I'm sorry to say but that's how the law stands. We as a company will not accept any responsibility for your safe return if these rules are not adhered to. The driver can also be arrested and faces stiff penalties for any breaches. Would that bother you? Probably not!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Alcohol is not allowed to be consumed or carried on a PCV vehicle to sporting events. You could be stopped even at a service station, have your tickets confiscated and the alcohol removed from the coach.
The driver will be well aware of these rules. If the coach will be arriving outside a sport venue where police are highly likely to be in attendance then you are taking a huge risk on whether or not you gain entry. The police can authorise the driver to leave with or without his/her passengers on board.
Not my rules I'm sorry to say but that's how the law stands. We as a company will not accept any responsibility for your safe return if these rules are not adhered to. The driver can also be arrested and faces stiff penalties for any breaches. Would that bother you? Probably not!

Is it just sporting events ?

Let's say I hired a bus for 30 of my mates going to stag do ?

Also what if we were travelling the day before the match ?

And what about the journey back home ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Designated football matches.

Therefore your stag do is fair game. Unless you go to a designated football game for your stag do.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

Designated football matches as Edna says.
Any other time will be due to company policy or driver discretion. As a company we do not take on stag/hen party groups.
As an experienced driver my attitude towards alcohol comes down to group behaviour and their attitude. I will supply black bags for empties and ask that ALL rubbish is placed in it. If I hear or see any cans/bottles rolling around the floor then I'll refuse to continue my journey and order the coach to be cleaned. I'm no party pooper but my first priority is too passenger safety. If a bottle or anything else were to roll under my foot pedals then public safety is obviously compromised. Common sense seems to out of peoples heads when in a group drinking.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Any other time will be due to company policy or driver discretion. As a company we do not take on stag/hen party groups.
As an experienced driver my attitude towards alcohol comes down to group behaviour and their attitude. I will supply black bags for empties and ask that ALL rubbish is placed in it. If I hear or see any cans/bottles rolling around the floor then I'll refuse to continue my journey and order the coach to be cleaned. I'm no party pooper but my first priority is too passenger safety. If a bottle or anything else were to roll under my foot pedals then public safety is obviously compromised. Common sense seems to out of peoples heads when in a group drinking.

Sounds fair

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Sounds fair

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here