Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The silliest insult someone has given you?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Pre-cochlear implant, I had a hockey goalkeeper giving me all sorts of hearing abuse. It didn't occur to him that I wouldn't hear it. I was told about it afterwards.

We won and I didn't speak to the thicket.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was walking up Queens Road about 15 years back and I walked past this Scouser that was begging, he said to me ' got any money Nick The Greek' usually I ignore beggars but this bloke stopped me in my tracks, I asked him why he called me that, he said I looked like Nick The Greek from the film Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels.
I look nothing like Nick The Greek, I'm not even fat( or Greek) :annoyed:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was walking up Queens Road about 15 years back and I walked past this Scouser that was begging, he said to me ' got any money Nick The Greek' usually I ignore beggars but this bloke stopped me in my tracks, I asked him why he called me that, he said I looked like Nick The Greek from the film Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels.
I look nothing like Nick The Greek, I'm not even fat( or Greek) :annoyed:

I thought that was bollocks. 15 years ago? Lock Stock? It was only yesterday, me old china.

Filmed in and completed in '98.

****!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
having parked my car somewhere I shouldn't (no not a euphemism) bloke asked me to move it and called me a numbskull. All I could do was laugh as I'd only ever seen use of the word in The Beano.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Sometimes whilst I've been driving, other drivers put their fingers up suggesting (I imagine) that I'm the number two top driver. I'd find this objectionable as most drivers seem to think I'm number one. :rolleyes:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Someone once chanted at the footy that I was gay, but I don't think it was an insult because I'm not so they were wrong. And if were, it couldn't be an insult because they were right, right?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was nearly run over crossing the road near St Bartholemew's church just behind London Road by a boy racer going at a ludicrous speed for an area of narrow roads usually filled with pedestrians. One of the four other slack-jawed idiots crammed into the car yelled "Get a life!" out of the window.

I didn't understand that at all. Was it meant to indicate that I had an inferior life because he was crammed into the back of a small car driven by a maniac and I was walking (to my car, as it happens)? Or was it the first thing that came into his head?

Leaving aside the fact that he'd probably have killed to have my life ...

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Someone on NSC told me to go outsside and get a life. The Irony

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Not an insult as such, but one of my strangest confrontations is when I suggested to a couple of teenagers they might like to keep to the cycle path. They replied by telling me that this wasn't "a place for white men". The cycle path in question was in Kensington Gardens and it was a bright sunny afternoon in summer......

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I was nearly run over crossing the road near St Bartholemew's church just behind London Road by a boy racer going at a ludicrous speed for an area of narrow roads usually filled with pedestrians. One of the four other slack-jawed idiots crammed into the car yelled "Get a life!" out of the window.

I didn't understand that at all. Was it meant to indicate that I had an inferior life because he was crammed into the back of a small car driven by a maniac and I was walking (to my car, as it happens)? Or was it the first thing that came into his head?

Leaving aside the fact that he'd probably have killed to have my life ...

On a similar theme we were driving back through a housing estate from a mates house one night in sixth form, was about 11pm and there were a group of people congregated outside their front door saying goodbyes with a small dog on the lead. One of our party wound down the window and shouted at this group (aged from 45-60 odd) "I f***** your dog!" They all turned around in disbelief unsure of what they'd just heard to see him hanging out the window, and maintaining eye contact with this group, just to reassure them they heard correctly, he tells them in a mock threatening tone "I f***** it". Truly bizarre. Though the look on their faces was incredible :lolol:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Once, I was walking home from Hove station about to cross into Hove Park, near Burger King etc and someone drove past me, slowed down and shouted "F**k off you Park Walking W**ker!"

I was so bemused I just carried on walking...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I remember years ago I was playing a gig with the band at The Inn on the Prom in Worthing. At the end of the first set
I went for a pee and while I was stood there a guy walked in and said to me "Oi, bignose" as if it was the worst thing he could think to say. As I looked at him, after a couple of seconds silence, he said "nice gutar playing dude".

Some people are strange

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Mentioned before - not an insult aimed at me, but one (or two) that the Gordon Greer hater near me shouts every week

Mentioned already in this thread - "GREER YOU FAAKIN' MELT"
And his other one, that had myself and other baffled people looking at one another "GREER YOU UTTER FRINGE"

Fringe? What on earth is that?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
During freshers, one of the 'odder' people in my halls tried to insult me by saying that I had a lazy eye. I don't. :shrug:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
well hello there my friend, I was the guy sat just behind you chatting to you at times! bet you caught some great celebrations on the video's you took!

Leaving the ground yesterday, some skinny mong tried nudging me. He ended up actually nearly knocking himself over and called me a queer (obviously an original insult to us all!) I just laughed in his face

Lol hope you got back ok, got a cracking video clip of you celebrating our forth goal. There were some twats about after think I was safe having the kids with me. Good luck with your game Saturday, will you get to the Amex before the seasons out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here