Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did You Learn Something Tonight Mr Garcia?

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
So it's all about the so called experts on this forum
Oscar gets slated if gets it wrong...he gets slated when he gets it right
Anyone reckon he actually reads this forum?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Have you not noticed that the only change was D-Rod for Lua Lua compared to Saturday? So the formation was exactly the same
Very bold statement to make considering you didn't see it. Warren Aspenills comment on the radio box, would suggest the formation was more positive then Saturday.

Lets hope its a positive outcome against a side a the other end of the table on Saturday.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Is this the right place to slag off OG for bringing on Spanish Dave and CMS, thereby instantly condemning us to conceding the crucial goal that will blow our chances of reaching the play-offs?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Warren Aspinall can barely say his own name.

and still knows more about the game of football than most

you do know the man has had a stroke ......and a bad one at that

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
For me the things that I think we've learnt are:

-Lua Lua is quality in a central role with the ability to drift onto the wings, also can tackle actually really well!
-Dale Stephens is actually a bloody good signing, why he hasn't been playing before I have no idea.
-Solly March is a real, real gem.
-Stephen Ward is a superb left back, and I would love to get him on a permanent.
-Calderon has to start in front of Bruno.
-Ulloa really should've scored 1 or 2 more, despite scoring 2.
-Last but not least, when we go attacking we seem to do well/win games! For example, Burnley and Leicester, and although we lost Wigan.

Hopefully Garcia takes it all on board, and uses us to our strength.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
and still knows more about the game of football than most

you do know the man has had a stroke ......and a bad one at that

I agree he talks sense about the game, but has he had a stroke? I don't remember reading or hearing about this? Are you sure?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So it's all about the so called experts on this forum
Oscar gets slated if gets it wrong...he gets slated when he gets it right
Anyone reckon he actually reads this forum?

Haha 0% chance he reads this. Imagine reading daily insults and 'suggestions' about how you could improve your job from 10,000 people who have no qualifications or experience in your field. I for one couldn't give a shit what NSC said, as long as I was happy with the job I was doing overall, and my boss was happy (which I believe to be true on both counts).
The OP by the way is an absolute joke.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I agree he talks sense about the game, but has he had a stroke? I don't remember reading or hearing about this? Are you sure?

there is a video somewhere about his problems and is quite upsetting
I am sure someone will know where it is

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We always look better against teams that let us play, we often come up short when we are hassled on the ball. Trust Oscar to get in the players who can cope better with that type of game next season :thumbsup:

Charlton will not give us a moment on the ball so I'm not expecting another scintillating display. A scrappy 1-0 will do me.

100% Agree with this. We do well against the better teams as we're allowed to play our game. If we do go up, we play a way that is quite well suited to the Prem but my only issue of late has been with the here and now. We need to be starting LuaLua etc and going all out from the off. Playing it slow and bringing him on in the last 60 minutes works very well but we're at the business end of the season right now and we need to go for it.

A top 6/7 finish and I'll be happy enough for Oscar.

Sometimes in football it just clicks.

It's not magical wands, or genius management, it just happens, a group of players suddenly just pull a performance out of the hat. Stephens back from injury builds a perfect understanding with Andrews, Kaz and Solly decide now is the time to prove they should start rather than just be sub. Ulloa reminds us that deliver the ball to him and he will score.

Oscar has stuck to his guns formation wise, the players have delivered and credit to them.

Lets hope it's not a false dawn, but a run of confidence that we can now build upon, and hopefully keep this lot fit!

How true - remember the Blackpool game around this time last year - 6 - 1 to the Albion and Blackpool had to rely on a Hammond og for theirs.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We always look better against teams that let us play, we often come up short when we are hassled on the ball. Trust Oscar to get in the players who can cope better with that type of game next season :thumbsup:

Charlton will not give us a moment on the ball so I'm not expecting another scintillating display. A scrappy 1-0 will do me.

Absolutely this. It's going to be a different game on Saturday. It literally astonishes me that people think it's all about our formation and nothing to do with our opposition. We had more space and time to attack against a more flamboyant Leicester than we did against a battling Barnsley. At the Amex teams often come down looking to sit back, stop us scoring early and hope to nick one which often makes for a frustrating experience. Away managers will say to their players "weather the early storm and wait for the home fans to get on the players backs" and we never disappoint.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I agree with most of what you say.

However - Deadly - I would not have said Barnsley were battling last saturday from
my view of the match.

A decent strike force would have put us up 2 or so nil within the
first half.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Have you not noticed that the only change was D-Rod for Lua Lua compared to Saturday? So the formation was exactly the same

Calderon for the clown Bruno is massive too. Ive lost count of the amount of times Bruno gets caught out and Greer has to come across to cover (leaving himself out of position). No coincidence in the last 2 games that Bruno has missed we've returned to our solid defensive ways.

Stumpy Tim

Calderon for the clown Bruno is massive too. Ive lost count of the amount of times Bruno gets caught out and Greer has to come across to cover (leaving himself out of position). No coincidence in the last 2 games that Bruno has missed we've returned to our solid defensive ways.

Calderon also played at Barnsley though. I do agree on Bruno. He seems to treat each game as a practice

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Obviously Oscar doesn't read this or he would have sorted it out ages ago:ffsparr:

Haha 0% chance he reads this. Imagine reading daily insults and 'suggestions' about how you could improve your job from 10,000 people who have no qualifications or experience in your field. I for one couldn't give a shit what NSC said, as long as I was happy with the job I was doing overall, and my boss was happy (which I believe to be true on both counts).
The OP by the way is an absolute joke.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes he did. Not to listen to our twatty negative, booing fans

Perhaps it slowly dawned on him that having over 65% possession but failing to score or lose isn't the best strategy to follow. Winning games is all about scoring one more than the opposition. The boys got stuck in and took control instead of taking too long considering the percentages and options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here