Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua & Solly from the start, just what we needed!

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Fast, pacey, attacking football at it's best, with Lingard, Stephens and Ward's speed too, just what's needed for us to keep winning games until the end of the season!

I hope OG sticks with this 11, and only swaps Ince in for Andrews.

Like Bruno, but hasn't been at his bestest last few games, and Calderon's consistency was needed.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have been crying out for this since poyet played two wingers against palace on St Patricks day. We are such a different prospect with two wide outlets let's hope it is here to stay

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So Oscar finally realises attack is our best option - let's hope this continues!

Sounds like LuaLua was outstanding. Makes you wonder why on earth he hasn't featured in the starting XI more often.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
OG has listened to the fans ... at last! Shame we have a manager (coach) who can't figure these things out for himself.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fast, pacey, attacking football at it's best, with Lingard, Stephens and Ward's speed too, just what's needed for us to keep winning games until the end of the season!

Like Bruno, but hasn't been at his bestest last few games, and Calderon's consistency was needed.

If your initial post was timed at say 19.30, and not 21:15, then your observations wouldn't smack of hindsight talking.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

But there lies the problem. He has been unable to pick the same team time and time again because our attacking talent is injured half the time. And from all accounts, Andrews was immense tonight, so why drop him?

Pick the same team as often as possible, they learn how to play together, we play like this more often. Simple really but something that has not happened this season for a multitude of reasons.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Has everyone overlooked the fact that LuaLua has a long-term injury which is being carefully nursed to full strength and has only recently been capable of playing 90 minutes? Or is it just easier to believe that a professional coach like Garcia is an idiot and needed to be told 'by the fans' to start him?

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Didn't go to the game and work made miss the chance to listen or watch. Can someone explain the formation and roles that were played with Jesse, KLL and Solly all playing? Was both surprised and confident when I read the starting line up.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has everyone overlooked the fact that LuaLua has a long-term injury which is being carefully nursed to full strength and has only recently been capable of playing 90 minutes? Or is it just easier to believe that a professional coach like Garcia is an idiot and needed to be told 'by the fans' to start him?

Yes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or is it just easier to believe that a professional coach like Garcia is an idiot and needed to be told 'by the fans' to start him?
But, but, we've been watching English football since he was in nappies, and we know how it works here, and we get a better view from the stands than he does from so low on the pitch, and we can say it as we see it while he has to keep Burke and Jones happy, blah blah blah, etc, etc.

Of course we all have our opinions on what we think will work well, and of course all managers will find that some things they try don't work out, but it does amaze me how fans can genuinely think we'd win if we played the way they think we should.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We have been crying out for this since poyet played two wingers against palace on St Patricks day. We are such a different prospect with two wide outlets let's hope it is here to stay

Like the game against Newport at home we lost 3-1 with Buckley and Lua Lua on from the start, or the game where Forest beat us 3-1 at the Amex with 10 men, with Kaz and Buckley starting?
I preferred the 3-0 win against Blackburn at home, or the 3-1 against Leicester where we only had Conway on the wing.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Like the game against Newport at home we lost 3-1 with Buckley and Lua Lua on from the start, or the game where Forest beat us 3-1 at the Amex with 10 men, with Kaz and Buckley starting?
I preferred the 3-0 win against Blackburn at home, or the 3-1 against Leicester where we only had Conway on the wing.

What the Newport game we were 1 up and in control of until Calderon was sent off? Oh and the Forest game where the entire team switched off just after half time and we conceded 2 goals in 2 minutes?

Glad you mentioned Leicester at home as that was the last game I remember watching where we showed some real attacking threat and pace going forward. It was a thrill to watch and the team look completely at ease playing that way.

Now shall I reel off the list of matches since those games you mentioned where we have setup negatively and struggled to score goals or gain points as I think there are more than the 2 you gave managed to pick out

My main point is last night (and the games you mention) we have proved we have goals in this side you just need to take the handbrake off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here