Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the world of football, what makes you CRINGE?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Der der der der/ ****ing useless"...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
When, at the semi-final stage of a competition, the two 'biggest' teams left in the competition are drawn together and the reporter (not necessarily Alan Green) states something along the lines of 'of course all the neutrals would have preferred if xxxxxx and xxxxxx had been kept apart' as if everybody who follows football believes that only those with the most money are a) deserving of winning trophies and b) of providing an entertaining football match.

This is definitely one of the worst.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Commentators referring to players by their nicknames - see Stevie G, JT - as if the nicknames themselves weren't cringeworthy enough.

Fans behind a goal stretching their arms out wide for any shot that doesn't go in even if it's an outstanding shot from 30 yards.

"We'll never play you again."

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The table football pitch they use on Sky sports to explain how to make football seem complicated.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The phrase "fighting for their lives". They are not fighting for their lives they are playing a game. No-one is going to die if they lose our get relegated.

Worse is people like Robbie Savage excusing poor and unsportsmanlike behavior because the team are "fighting for their lives". It is not an excuse because they are not.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Taking the ball to the corner flag because you have no faith in your team, despite what professionals say it's pathetic!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
According to this thread just about everything to do with football makes someone cringe. I will continue sitting in the West Stand in silence as normal.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
article-1084563-0018F7B100000258-765_468x300.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Mark Lawrenson trying to be funny on MOTD.

All of:
-"Your support is ****ing shit"
-"We forgot that you were here"
-"Worst support we've ever seen"
-"X is a shithole, I wanna go home".
-"We pay your benefits"
-"Wanker! Wanker! Wanker!" As sung at referees.

And it's not one that I've heard is sing particularly but I know other clubs do:

-"Shit refs, we only get shit refs".

(Maybe I missed it? But....)

"You're just a small town in XXXX"

Shit.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here