Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs v Gus Poyet Sunderland (hit the ceiling in 20th spot)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Not very often that both managers and their assistants all played together in the same team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was mildly amused the other day to learn Zaha was booed by a large number of Cardiff fans in their game against Palace. Seems the perception of him is that he's all tricks and bugger all end product (who knew?). They also seem to think he's lazy and doesn't care, and cheered when Craig Noone replaced him.
Gus, Bridcutt, and Zahaha all failing, yet I still feel shit.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gus, Bridcutt, and Zahaha all failing, yet I still feel shit.

Oh, I grant you, it's no consolation (as far as Poyet goes, I honestly don't care whether they stay up or go down), but it's a source of mild entertainment to see that the Future Of English Football appears more interested in lashing it up in Croydon than his ever-receding career prospects.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sunderland fan I know just text me saying 'Was Gus this stubborn and reluctant to make changes early with you?' :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remember how many points Sunderland were from getting out of the relegation zone when Poyet arrived?

Oh and what happened to the " we only play one way" philosophy? That seems to have gone out of the window tonight.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"Bridcutt is truly awful, offers nothing whatsoever."

"Substitute any time now Gus. Any time. 2-1 down playing awfully. You can use subs Gus "

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone remember how many points Sunderland were from getting out of the relegation zone when Poyet arrived?

The were bottom on 1 points. Palace above them on 3, then Norwich, Fulham and Stoke on 7. Every team had played 7 matches.

They are currently seven points from safety with 3 games in hand (including this one).

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
"Bridcutt is truly awful, offers nothing whatsoever."

"Substitute any time now Gus. Any time. 2-1 down playing awfully. You can use subs Gus "

Dont agree with that best 11 are on the pitch (or 10 at the moment) we are forced in to out 1st now

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"do something Gus FFS"

"****ing subs Poyet you clueless gonk."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The were bottom on 1 points. Palace above them on 3, then Norwich, Fulham and Stoke on 7. Every team had played 7 matches.

They are currently seven points from safety with 3 games in hand (including this one).

So he hasn't really made a difference as things stand then?

Had to laugh at this quote that I just saw.

Poyet refused to take the blame for inheriting a team which has one point from seven games in October and said: “I hate excuses, but I’ve got a lot of them. I’ve got a list. If I gave you everything that happened, mamma mia I’ve got excuses. I just want us to stay up.

“Best excuse? No. I cannot say. I’m not allowed to say.”

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

No real change then although we have had the joy of a cup final, I would have taken this position when Gus joined

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here