Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LINGARD - Anyone else notice that we've become even worse since he's has arrived?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

So you can have:-

4 goals from 1.
or
2 goals from 12.

Messi or Barnes?

If he did any of the useful stuff that Barnes did while not scoring he'd get any easier time.
I'm sure he will turn into a good Championship or lower Premier League player in a few years time, but at the moment he's doing very little for us.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
But as BensGrandad asks, which of our better prospects is he preventing from developing?

We've had loanees at the Amex who are far worse than Lingard. FAR worse.

Lua Lua who with a decent run of starts may actually settle and perform for a whole 90 mins (something Lingard has certainly not managed), and with the exception of Saturday Solly March.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lua Lua who with a decent run of starts may actually settle and perform for a whole 90 mins (something Lingard has certainly not managed), and with the exception of Saturday Solly March.
I'll give you March (although even he wasn't considered a realistic starting player until 2014 for many on here), but you're deluded if you think KLL has anyone to blame but himself for his super-sub tag. He has proved time and time again that he is absolute gash when he starts. I can only remember him having ONE good game at this level from starting - 3-0 Palace at home.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Director of Football responsible for the fact that he has automatic selection, tying the hands of the manager who would have to make changes to accommodate this. Lingaard is NOT the player we were told about, billed by the clubs website as a striker, who has now morphed into an attacking midfielder because he cannot score a goal. Most people in the stands could see he wasn't up to it in this division from his first match and as such, we are now carrying a player in the team. How does his automatic inclusion make the other team members feel? Yes our form has dropped since he has been here as the balance of the team has needed to be adjusted for him to play. I here some on here say that his tracking back is good, but does he make a tackle, too lightweight to make a difference. Manchester United are trying to shift him and at £5m they have no chance, he will never make a first team appearance for them.

Do you have ANY proof whatsoever that it's a condition of his loan that he must be picked? I'd be astonished if that was the case.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
4 assists since he signed?

He's not been mindblowing but he's done alright. He's certainly not to blame for our recent downturn. I think he's worth his place at the moment.

I'll tell you who has been awful since Lingard arrived - Ulloa. How long is the big man sheltered from criticism for?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From the Barnsley highlights he produced the one moment of real quality in the game with that spin to make himself space and layoff on a plate to Leo who should've scored.

He's a very, very talented lad who needs to learn to stay on his feet more.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Three times? Yeah ok then, that's obviously why he's made such a positive impact as opposed to when Lua Lua comes on the pitch. :dunce: Better vision is uselss if everytime someone brushes your arm you fall over.

Some would say Lua Lua falls over as if touched by a feather

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd be willing to bet a decent amount of money the lad wont be a regular premier player.

Jurys out if can cut it in championship for me.

Maybe we are just a bad match though

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Why would you be astonished? Do you know much about loan deals and how much influence a huge club like Manchester United has?

I would be astonished because I wouldn't think any club would agree to a loan stipulating that a player HAD to play, unless he was Messi or Ronaldo.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We will have to agree to disagree here. KLL gets one start and if he doesnt perform is instantly dropped again. Others get a far longer run to develop into a strong starter.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We will have to agree to disagree here. KLL gets one start and if he doesnt perform is instantly dropped again. Others get a far longer run to develop into a strong starter.

We know he's great as a sub and shit as a starter. Why fix what isn't broken?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
From the Barnsley highlights he produced the one moment of real quality in the game with that spin to make himself space and layoff on a plate to Leo who should've scored.

He's a very, very talented lad who needs to learn to stay on his feet more.

That was a lovely bit of skill, and, having not seen the highlights, I can't understand why Leo didn't put a bit more power into the shot with the keeper out of position.

Can't see it happening, but it'd be interesting to see how he'd do with us on a season long loan. I don't think we've seen the best of him, or his full strengths.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here