Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Oscar could be sacked at the end of the season?

Will Oscar be sacked before next season starts?

• Total voters

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
That's a good stat, I hadn't thought of it like that before.

Just for arguments sake though, how many of the promoted managers have been in this league for a good few years? Is it all about experience or can a manager cone in and get you promoted after 1-2 years in charge?

That's a good question. Would be interesting to see.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I've just had a quick Google look and at the start of the season there were 22 British managers in charge at championship clubs. Garcia and Zola being the only exceptions. That's changed now obviously but it is quite interesting when you compare it to the Prem.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Did he play then??? I was under the impression it was more of a fitness test ahead of his move that was all but done in August.

Just stop. You're just embarrassing yourself now.

Do you really want Nigel Pearson? Nigel Adkins? Sam Allardyce? Holloway? or would you really prefer a tippy tappy Brendan Rodgers or Martinez?

I for one would like a better version of tippy tappy, our passing game has deteriorated this season - we've played more direct this season and not only has it not worked on scoring goals but it makes us look pattern-less and messy in our gameplan too.

I think Oscar is neither fish nor fowl when it comes to passing vs direct - in the hands of a more forceful personality that pragmatism might be seen as a good thing, but when you get a manager turning a 4th place team into one that will miss the play-offs likley now by some margin, it looks weak

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But what will they say when I'm right???....absolutely nothing,just keep harping on about how I was wrong about Vicente, by about 2 or 3 games, I cant remember now....He was after all such a sucess story here.
And there we have it, in a nutshell one little four letter, one syllable, word that sums it all up.

Maybe people don't care about your posting history.
Maybe they haven't cottoned on.
Maybe they find it funny that your only input to NSC, is when The Albion have lost, when things aren't going right, when you can stick the boot in, while wrapping it all up in 30+ years of 'support'.
Perhaps they don't miss you when the rest of us are happy with a long unbeaten run, or solid defending, Manager of the Month awards, and so on.

Hey someone has to troll and if that's where you're happiest, fill your boots.

But why does every bit of the poisonous bile you spout have to be a FACT.
But what will they say when I'm right

Why couldn't that have just been an 'IF'.

We can all work with that, we can all say, 'Kev called that months ago'.
But no, it has to be a finite statement, based on nothing, that the rest of us are then queuing up to see fail.
Just so we can then see the pathetic squirming a la Bridcutt playing for the Albion, and the rest of your dross.

(god I'm in a foul mood, today)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't see why he should be sacked and I certainly don't want him sacked. What I want is some stability and for Oscar to have the chance to work all the available tools at his disposal, something he has not been able to do this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
cant see him walking. New training ground being opened and he will believe he can improve.

Would make no sense for him to walk unless was going to a better job but that isnt going to happen .

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah, lets sack our managers every season if they do not get us promoted. Dear lord..whats wrong with people ffs..

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'd love to see this list of things I have got so wrong...Yes the Vicente 10 games thing, but we all know that was ultimately a disaster, so because I was wrong by a couple of games people still want to quote it two years later. I said Vicente was a waste of time and I was 100% right, I said Poyet was a liability, again 100% right...and i'm saying now, this isn't working and i'm amazed people can't see it...We may get a result at Leicester and everyone will wet there pants but we are going backwards and will continue to do so under the current set up.

1 out of 2 a'int bad.

I'll take "liabilities" whose managerial reigns see us end up in a League position 40-odd places above where we started. Every time. Even if you told me the exact details surrounding Poyet's departure I would have taken it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've only just voted Other because it occured to me that there might be a scenario, where Oscar is offered head of the youth, now we have the new training facility due to be opened?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've only just voted Other because it occured to me that there might be a scenario, where Oscar is offered head of the youth, now we have the new training facility due to be opened?

He moved from doing that job at Barcelona why the hell would he want to go back to it in a foreign country at a club that is leagues apart from the club he left, especially as he is our manager at the moment. Not a chance.

From his comments in the Argus today he sounds pretty pissed off with the moaners about his style too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's a learning curve for him, and he'll soon realise that when you only get 2 points from 15, you will be mercilessly criticised.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From his comments in the Argus today he sounds pretty pissed off with the moaners about his style too.
Hopefully he's pretty pissed off too.
Clearly not about the style but he can't be happy with the application.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's a learning curve for him, and he'll soon realise that when you only get 2 points from 15, you will be mercilessly criticised.

I'm fairly sure he'll be used to being under the burden of much higher expectations from his Barca days.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Hopefully he's pretty pissed off too.
Clearly not about the style but he can't be happy with the application.

Can't say I am surprised him being pissed off, I won't go on about the injuries and the sale of key players this season.
Reading the abuse toward him on this board, and how some of our fans believe Pulis and Howe are now world beaters, I wonder if Oscar is asking himself if he made the right decision coming here.
It appears some posting on here want a boofest Saturday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't say I am surprised him being pissed off, I won't go on about the injuries and the sale of key players this season.
Reading the abuse toward him on this board, and how some of our fans believe Pulis and Howe are now world beaters, I wonder if Oscar is asking himself if he made the right decision coming here.

You missed the fact that players were sold and he got a fraction of the money raised to strengthen the squad. I really hope the straight jacket low budget and likely sale of key players with minimal investment from the sales was explained to Oscar before he took the job.

Losing out to Millwall and Bournemouth for players was not something I was expecting given our crowds and alleged ambition.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Abuse on this board??

Please explain.
The positive Oscar option heavily outscores the negative in every Oscar poll.

A minority of Albion supporters post here.
Let's say the 10 to 1 minority of those supporters want Oscar out.
The minority of those are prepared to put it down in words.

Don't believe the bile churned out by a few people, with their own agendas droning on while they wait for pubity.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Abuse on this board??

Please explain.

Don't believe the bile churned out by a few people, with their own agendas droning on while they wait for pubity.
Haven't got time to troll through posts on big board, I believe some of the abuse toward Oscar, particularly since Saturday has gone over the top, thats probably why Oscar responded today

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Abuse on this board??

Please explain.

I don't consider moaning about the lack of entertainment and SOME gutless performances this season bile.
If the minority on NSC don't have a moan up who will------one published letter to the Argus once a month?
I have no agenda --- just want the club to sign a Jimmy Case/Nobby Horton 'THEY SHALL NOT PASS' type player who will spill blood for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here