Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kits 2014/15

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's fair to say that I am disappointed that we are moving away from a supplier that made us some great bespoke shirts, and to a firm that will never make us a bespoke shirt. The thing is, Nike, Adidas, Puma etc all make some very nice shirts, and the top team shirts can be excellent. Many of the templates look great, though I don't think the Nike striped shirt does particuarly. That Forest shirt appeals due to it just looking so good. Many will really like whatever we get for our home kit, will fans of whichever other teams have the same. We'll get some personalisation, cuffs and collars etc, I just hope they put the washing intructions nice and clear so that our fans don't all end up with flakey sponsors logos too soon.

I don't think I've had a shirt badge or logo wash off since Nobo were on the front, as it goes.

Hopefully that's not a reflection of how little I washed them :ohmy:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it's fair to say that I am disappointed that we are moving away from a supplier that made us some great bespoke shirts, and to a firm that will never make us a bespoke shirt.

Is this like that chap who said Amex would "never sponsor our stadium or our shirts"?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is this like that chap who said Amex would "never sponsor our stadium or our shirts"?

Ooh, no, I'd never say anything like that, unless I knew it for sure.
Nike make bespoke kits for only the very top teams, in the top divisions around the world, in England it's City & United only I think, QPR have gone off the peg, that's it for the Premier League I think. Certainly no clubs at our level have a bespoke kit from them, I think it massively unlikely that is going to change. That said, you take a fabric sublimation design (basic shirt colourways), change the collar shape and colour, small medium or large cuffs, again adjust the colour, and you do have many permutations. I was suprised to see QPR go completely off the peg, maybe we'll have something a little more customised, I do hope we don't have those oversized cuffs though, they look wrong IMO.

Last edited:

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I was suprised to see QPR go completely off the peg, maybe we'll have something a little more customised, I do hope we don't have those oversized cuffs though, they look wrong IMO.

I was chatting with a QPR fan about this. He said, after criticism from fans for the rushed template look, that Nike need at least a year to put into development a bespoke kit, and that they should expect that next season. It does look particularly cheap, but I;d expect them to get a similar package to say, Everton, who I thought Nike did a lovely job with last season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was chatting with a QPR fan about this. He said, after criticism from fans for the rushed template look, that Nike need at least a year to put into development a bespoke kit, and that they should expect that next season. It does look particularly cheap, but I;d expect them to get a similar package to say, Everton, who I thought Nike did a lovely job with last season.

Umbro taking over Everton for next season, I reckon that wil lbe a very smart shirt, no official pics yet though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ooh, no, I'd never say anything like that, unless I knew it for sure.
Nike make bespoke kits for only the very top teams, in the top divisions around the world, in England it's City & United only I think, QPR have gone off the peg, that's it for the Premier League I think. Certainly no clubs at our level have a bespoke kit from them, I think it massively unlikely that is going to change. That said, you take a fabric sublimation design (basic shirt colourways), change the collar shape and colour, small medium or large cuffs, again adjust the colour, and you do have many permutations. I was suprised to see QPR go completely off the peg, maybe we'll have something a little more customised, I do hope we don't have those oversized cuffs though, they look wrong IMO.

Normally I'd agree but I have a feeling that Barber is an excellent negotiator. With the profile of Brighton increasing greatly (and consistently) over the past three years, including far more TV exposure than the majority (except Leeds who dominate (80% of televised Championship footy) I have a sneaking suspicion that something different may be in the offing. I suppose the definition of "bespoke" is open for interpretation though... It couple be a template with a slightly different collar for example.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
XUnYJjB.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Would this be the kind of thing we'd have got if we'd have stayed with Errea?

Killmarnoch home:

Attachments

• Kilmarnock-14-15-Home-Kit-1.jpg
    Kilmarnock-14-15-Home-Kit-1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 698

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Would this be the kind of thing we'd have got if we'd have stayed with Errea?

Killmarnoch home:

I am annoyed. I love that collar. change the orrange for yellow and it would have been lovely.

Oh well, I still live in hope Nike produce something decent.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dear oh dear. When blue & white stripes go wrong. Too much going on, IMHO (& what's with the fading to light blue at the bottom??) from Huddersfield.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403866984.714236.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmmm.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403867142.925121.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here