Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kits 2014/15

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Be interested to know how many package tours are sold to Azerbaijan (by many measures, one of the most corrupt nations on earth) as a result of them paying to have their tourism slogan on the shirts of Atletico Madrid & Sheffield Wednesday.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So an actual country sponsors a championship club? Athletico too? Crazy times.

Well, it's the national tourism agency, isn't it? By the looks of it, Azerbaijan's main income is from oil & gas, but they're desperately trying to open up other avenues.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think York agreed, note the distinct lack of any blue in the home kit whatsoever.
Indeed. I mean, if we're going to extend it out to teams with red or blue either in the home OR away kit then we can probably look a bit closer to home :thumbsup: :D

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think York agreed, note the distinct lack of any blue in the home kit whatsoever.

This is true. In their defence, they've obviously realised the error of their ways and cleaned up their act.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed. I mean, if we're going to extend it out to teams with red or blue either in the home OR away kit then we can probably look a bit closer to home :thumbsup: :D

I was thinking historically rather than on the basis of that new shirt, but point taken :)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
When I was a kid, Sondico goalie gloves were the coolest football accessory you could possibly own. The ones that David Seaman wore with 'sondico' written across the index and middle fingers.

I remember when Sheffield Wednesday trained down at Southwick Football Club before a pre-season game about a million years ago. We went down there to watch and I asked KEVIN PRESSMAN what gloves he wore whilst he was training stopping shots (I was a budding goalkeeper myself). He said "Sondeecoooah". I will never forget that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I preferred it when Wednesday had Chupa Chups on their shirts.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
away-kit-2014-15-launch4-080814-4x367-1726549_478x359.jpg wolves away kit

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wednesday :laugh:

View attachment 55906

Quite nice actually.

I thought ironed-on sponsor's logos looked SHIT?

Nicer than ours.

Is it hell.

The collar looks like it will be out of shape after wearing it twice, and the sponsor panel looks ridiculous - either cut out each letter, OR have a background panel - having that vague shape cut around it (with a background colour completely different to the shirt colours) looks terrible. In my opinion, obviously.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought ironed-on sponsor's logos looked SHIT?

Is it hell.

The collar looks like it will be out of shape after wearing it twice, and the sponsor panel looks ridiculous - either cut out each letter, OR have a background panel - having that vague shape cut around it (with a background colour completely different to the shirt colours) looks terrible. In my opinion, obviously.

I agree, the logo on our new shirt looks a bit poor (a lot). Seeing as about 80% or more of kits have iron on logos now it's hardly likely to be the case that they all look shit, somehow these guys get away with it though?
View attachment 55949
Nike Atletico 14-15 Home Kit (1).jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here