Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Great Escape 2014 *** 8-10 May

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The Example are playing the corn exchange on the Friday

Example is playing the Dome Thursday night. Did you mean him or another unlisted band called The Example?

Or is he doing another gig Friday night?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Based on who i usually like/ have seen, then:

Jimi Goodwin
Pulled Apart By Horses
The Subways
The Hold Steady

Ive been out of the new music scene for some time now, so not sure which of the 'up and coming' bands are worth checking out. I've not done TGE for a few years, but it's given me the chance to see and meet some incredible bands like Metric, Iron & Wine, Future Of The Left, Cursive...

As a big fan of The Hold Steady I'm really looking forward to this one - even at 53yo gonna be at the front of the queue!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Cannot wait :) , got my Example top up sorted and busy looking through the list - really need to see whose playing when and where now!!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I maintain that the Liars record is the worst thing they've done by some distance. I still love Liars and they'll still be great live.

Is that Champagne Holocaust you picked up? As I remember there were some good moments and a fair bit of middling. This is a tune though

I didn't realise Fat White Family were playing. So much more research to do about this year. They are ****ing unmissable live.

John Harris is on Newsnight again.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Annoying I can't go this year being under 18 as I'd love to see most of them. Albert Hammond Jr. is playing, The Strokes' guitarist for those who are unaware. But as pointed out Royal Blood are very good. Seeing them at Finsbury Park on the 23rd. East India Youth are also worth checking out.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I'm not particularly a music connoisseur but I've listened to bits of All We Are and Future Islands and found them both to be pretty good. If none of you go see them I will :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here