Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you dislike most about Brighton?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Distinct lack of sporting facilities. Why does one have to have hundreds of flats to support a futuristic sports centre? Can't it support itself?

The Old Steine. It could be lovely, but it is dire.

The gateway to Brighton, from the station, being tatty and littered with kebab shops, taxis, buses and litter.

Churchill Square.

Hove Town Hall.

The West Pier Holiday Inn.

The Odeon/Brighton Centre.

Asda/Car Park/Bowling/David Lloyd end of the marina.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Too many lefties, students, liberals, greens and right on sorts for my liking, but the reality is that this is what makes it different. Hmmmm........

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Distinct lack of sporting facilities. Why does one have to have hundreds of flats to support a futuristic sports centre? Can't it support itself?

The Old Steine. It could be lovely, but it is dire.

The gateway to Brighton, from the station, being tatty and littered with kebab shops, taxis, buses and litter.

Churchill Square.

Hove Town Hall.

The West Pier Holiday Inn.

The Odeon/Brighton Centre.

Asda/Car Park/Bowling/David Lloyd end of the marina.

With a bit of imagination it could be made into a very pleasant place. Just to much traffic for this to happen.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hilly, away from the seafront)

How is that a bad thing? It's surely one of the best things about Brighton? The place has so much more character than it would if it was flat, with cracking views everywhere and neighbourhoods with quite different characters very close together.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I write as someone who doesn't live in Brighton:
Car parking charges,general grubbiness of certain areas,a tendency to be so far up its own arse sometimes(if a city can actually do that!)
Much prefer the Bournemouth area.

NutterDave

Jan 19, 2012
Parking prices and parking zones nowhere near the city centre
The too tolerant attitude of the powers that be to travellers occupying any green space they can find
People walking too slowly down Kensington Gardens

As someone mentioned above, being a Worthing boy now resident in Brighton, I love the place

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Locals being priced out; Right on types; Influx of Londoners; Green administration; 20mph limit; Parking charges. My list of likes is far longer though.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Love living here, a lot of regeneration in the last few years Jubilee Sq area is a massive example of good planning. London Road is the one area that needed real improvement and that is coming along nicely. Lots of really nice restaurants but none that are top notch would be my one complaint. For the moaners on here where have you lived that's better in this country?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Smuggery
West Street
People who go down West Street
The terminally constipated staff at Infinity Foods
Those protestors who ruin everyone's day by needlessly intimidating people near Waitrose on Satdis
Idiots shooting their mouth off round the North Laine after midnight
The collective black hole of common sense
Trying to walk through town at any speed on a weekend
The Marina
The almost total incompetence of the council as an administration (staff are generally trying their best)
The profligacy of trendy Sushi bars
Budgens
Street Diner and all the pop-up stuff aimed at vacuous morons
Waterhall
The moment Praise You gets played at Falmer. If it was Acid 8000 we would never lose
Out-of-towners who aren't northern
People who bang on about how diverse Brighton is while being demonstrably narrow-minded and intolerant
The Fudge Shop
Everything on the pier except hockey
The inexorably long, occasionally dangerous walk to Concorde2
The bloody wheel
Pool Valley
Groups of local "lads"/tossers from London cluttering the seafront bars drinking Strongbow
That bit around the Pitcher and Piano and the stripclub which is like a mini West Street whirlwind of aggression
The Market Diner, buffet places and all the other culinary chav traps
Pretentious, up-themselves local bands. In fact, every local band except Fujiya and Miyagi
That clothes shop that's replaced Rounder Records. Sums everything up that's wrong (which isn't really much. I just miss Rounder)
"Live" bus times. About as reliable as one's cock after a crate of stella and a bucket of grease
The council's inability to provide a safe route to Braypool
Hipsters. Tarquins with side partings and yellow trousers. The vast proportion of the population who can be summarised by LCD Soundsystem's Losing my Edge
People standing around taking endless photos of the beach/pier/sun, as if it's never been there before and they're the first people to notice it
The Brighton Centre
The Post Office at Churchill Square
The poor sods in the Apple shop who are trained to talk like American robots and say "peace" every other minute
The increasing number of sad-eyed homeless people and food banks
Nando's
Birdman/dog on the skateboard
Gormless gaggles gazing at the graffiti down Kensington Street as if it was the Sistine Chapel
Pickpockets on the seafront

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here