Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American Wrestling isn't Homo Erotic because?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
By the way, if it's massively homo erotic then why is it that the fanbase isn't women oriented?

I think you'll find that the majority of the viewers now are either women or children, it's why there's a greater emphasis on soap-style drama recently, with toned down violence.

The 'hardcore' following is definitely male orientated though, myself included.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Okay. :shrug: I still don't understand why anyone likes it. It's camp as Christmas and just as predictable.

it's like a real life cartoon/soap opera. if you get into the story lines it can be a lot of fun. I haven't watched it for years but there was a time I enjoyed it a lot. The whole thing is hokum and just because it is mostly scripted you still don't always know which way the organisation wants the story to go. Also, the wrestlers themselves are tremendous athletes who work extremely hard and even though they try and minimise the impact of moves, they can still get seriously hurt doing this stuff.

It is by no means a sport, but it can be great entertainment and should be viewed as such.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Whenever my boys used to watch I tended not to notice the fellas tbh....

Trish+Stratus3.jpg

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm secure enough in my own sexuality to admit that yeah, there are homo erotic undertones to it. As there are to lots of sporting contests, especially violent ones like Boxing and MMA.

But, don't worry, there's nothing homoerotic about football

But I don't see anything homoerotic about it. I've never once thought whilst watching wrestling "Hmm, this looks a bit gay". My thinking has been more along the lines of "Holy ****! That guy just got smashed in the face with a chair! AWESOME!"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think it's gay. It is FOR gays though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But I don't see anything homoerotic about it. I've never once thought whilst watching wrestling "Hmm, this looks a bit gay". My thinking has been more along the lines of "Holy ****! That guy just got smashed in the face with a chair! AWESOME!"

I'm talking more on an academic level (like when people discuss the deeper meanings of movies that aren't at the forefront of the film as most people watch it).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why are you laughing? Olympic Gold medalists, 3 x UFC champions, All American winning Athletes by the truckload etc etc

This is where you can stop pretending you know what you're talking about :)

I'll concede that wrestling has some athleticism to it. It's still gay as all ****. You Aussies love all that shit though, Australians are the most homo-centric nationality next to the Italians.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here