Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Kick About at The Amex?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
To make it the full match-day experience, with Leo, Rohan and co open any number of threads on NSC saying "just not good enough", "boring", "tinpot" etc. And who will be the players's ENREST?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Loads of clubs offer this at the end of the season. I've mates who have done the Saints version.

It's not about being 'desperate' or 'short of money'. It's about exploring every avenue to ensure we are not so.

Nobody is forced to take them up on it, are they? It's a corporate thing. If a big company books this, it pays a player's wage for a couple of weeks, and is to the detriment of nobody.

What on earth is there to whine about?

Exactly, I have played many years ago at Selhurst and Luton Town and more recently my son is gong to play at St James using a similar scheme whilst on his end of season tour to Newcastle...... it brings cash in during a dormant period after the season ends, but before prep for the next one starts.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Well it's clearly not aimed at the average fan, is it? And rightly so.

It can for Christ's sake, most take ups will be by companies for their staff, it will be those staff who are average people in most cases won't it?....... of course it will be too expensive for Mr Average to hire a 30k stadium and all the facilities just so that his son can have his 10th birthday 5-a side followed by coke, sausage and chips.........won't it?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
To make it the full match-day experience, with Leo, Rohan and co open any number of threads on NSC saying "just not good enough", "boring", "tinpot" etc. And who will be the players's ENREST?

I love this idea, dick TIGHT lambasting Ernest for the missing cup final monies; and Big Hilda played by Paul Barber.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It can for Christ's sake, most take ups will be by companies for their staff, it will be those staff who are average people in most cases won't it?....... of course it will be too expensive for Mr Average to hire a 30k stadium and all the facilities just so that his son can have his 10th birthday 5-a side followed by coke, sausage and chips.........won't it?

Er, yes. We're arguing on the same side.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Having been lucky enough to play on the pitch (for free), it is an absolutely fantastic experience. If I had that sort of money to spend I would be very tempted to do it again.

Scoring at The Amex in a match with your mates? It's hard to put a price on it; even if there is no one in the crowd, it's an overwhelming feeling. I should know :)

This. Did a similar thing at the old Wembley. England changing room, playing on the hallowed turf, medal presentation from the late great Alan Ball. It will live long in the memory especially as most professional players never got the chance to play as such an iconic stadium.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The first REMF match was at Withdean wasn't it? And if I've heard right, the palace fans were not too happy about it so it was switched to Lewes as a neutral venue? Can't imagine they'd be too happy about playing at the Amex!!!

My work colleague has applied for a match for his team, but because the team is charity based they're getting it for £130 each.

Nope, the first REMF match was at Southwick - Nov 9th 2011 if I remember correctly. I don't think I've ever been so cold as I was playing in that game.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
By the time everyones had thier say about playing ,not playing , the slots will be gone , stop faffing around and pay me lots of money and ile set it up , sadly i wont be able to play as i will be in Jamaica if enough people pay up :cool:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly, I have played many years ago at Selhurst and Luton Town and more recently my son is gong to play at St James using a similar scheme whilst on his end of season tour to Newcastle...... it brings cash in during a dormant period after the season ends, but before prep for the next one starts.

I used to work for a company in Crawley where a lot of us would play 5-a-side once a week. Both my immediate boss and the guy who ran the European operation were Palace fans. There was a 5-a-side tournament at Selhurst every year after the season and we entered a team twice. I was asked to play but (many years before Poyet and the clackers) said I only would on the condition I could curl out a turd on the centre spot.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
These cap in hand emails are getting beyond a joke now. £1k deposit and loads of cash for a few blokes to have a kick about in an empty stadium. How desperate have we become?? I have no idea how we have so little money. But don't worry all is not lost because if take up is slow then the concourse sale is just round the corner were a pair of Spanish Daves training socks can be yours for a fiver!!

Are you for real - How is this "beyond a joke" ? Why is it "desperate" by the club ?

If I had the money I'd be all over this like a tramp on chips. If my company paid for it as a jolly, then I'd have a permanent hard-on about it from now until about September. I'm struggling to see the downside, other than the fact that its going to be out of reach for me. Doesn't mean its a joke though. Good luck to those lucky enough to experience it I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here