Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2014

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Totally wrong. The Yankees are Man Utd, even they would admit that. They have the most money, everyone hates them and are delighted when they lose. The Red Sox are totally Man City, took forever to be successful, got new ownership, and now can't stop winning World series.
By the way I'd pick Baltimore, great stadium, decent team that might just break through this year.
You definitely need to follow an East coast team.
You'll be able to watch more games that way.

Miami is a bust.
NY is NY.
Boston is Man Utd.
That leaves you the Washington Nat'nals.
The Man City of teams, not a lot of history but likely to win this season!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just watched The Nats beat the Mets great game one pitch away from defeat in the ninth, end up winning by two in the tenth. Instant reward for my MLB.tv investment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yadier Molina just jacked one out of the park. 1-0 Cards vs Reds top of 7.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So let me get this right. I pick a team and three hours later they lose?

Not only did they lose, they were one pitch away from victory in the bottom of the ninth. Was a very exciting game, Mets bullpen collapsed after the starting pitcher had run out of gas. Baseball is a superb sport for crushing any sense of optimism you have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But 3 hours earlier you were encouraged to support the winning team.

Not only did they lose, they were one pitch away from victory in the bottom of the ninth. Was a very exciting game, Mets bullpen collapsed after the starting pitcher had run out of gas. Baseball is a superb sport for crushing any sense of optimism you have.
That only happened because I wasn't watching.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
But 3 hours earlier you were encouraged to support the winning team.

That only happened because I wasn't watching.

You do the math! :loll:

I also watched the Mariners win this morning too. Will stick with the Nats as they are more timezone friendly and thanks to 980 I feel like I know them so well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do the Mets play the Nationals on Thursday? Appears to be live on ESPN.
It would appear so.

If you keep up with http://mlb.mlb.com/home, they show one live game free per day, hence ideally supporting an East coast team.
Naturally with it being an American sport the website is amazingly superior to anything UK sporting bodies throw out.

It's still not to late to join me and [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] supporting The Nat'nals.

The Tony Kornheiser radio show on ESPN980 is the highlight of my podcasting day.
Even though I've never been to Washington I now really care about parking in Bethesda and the weather in Chevy Chase, esp now I'm able to circumvent the sales weasels and their podcast delay.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It would appear so.

If you keep up with http://mlb.mlb.com/home, they show one live game free per day, hence ideally supporting an East coast team.
Naturally with it being an American sport the website is amazingly superior to anything UK sporting bodies throw out.

It's still not to late to join me and [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] supporting The Nat'nals.

The Tony Kornheiser radio show on ESPN980 is the highlight of my podcasting day.
Even though I've never been to Washington I now really care about parking in Bethesda and the weather in Chevy Chase, esp now I'm able to circumvent the sales weasels and their podcast delay.

Thanks for the tips.

Going to stick with the Mets though as already a Rangers and Knicks fan. Seems right to stick with the New York theme.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

You'll get used to that as a Mets fan - they are not known as perennial underachievers for nothing

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Did anyone see Don Baylor break his leg catching the ceremonial first pitch of the Angels season, and on his first day in his new job as their hitting coach? Incredible. An inauspicious start for The Angels.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Just watched Yasiel Puig hit a homer on MLB.TV. Love the Dodgers, hate having to stop watching and go to sleep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here