Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unlucky

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
Awful game, decided by a good goal.

Fair play to all the Brighton fans making thay trip. I'm on the M1 heading back to Harpenden.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was always told you make your own luck, Bruno's fault for the goal and players fault for not converting chances. So not really unlucky a fair result like the Ipswich and Wigan result.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
With no height up front the game was crying out for Lopez to play in central middle field to play the ball to feet - Andrews had his worst game and JFC did very little. Kaz standing on the half way line ready to come on when we had a goal kick. Three minutes later, he was still waiting to come on. First class coaching??!

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Kaz standing on the half way line ready to come on when we had a goal kick. Three minutes later, he was still waiting to come on. First class coaching??!

It's not the coach who decides when a player comes on, it's the officials.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Seriously, I never knew that! I thought that once the ball was not in play the coach could signal to the 4th official that he wanted the switch to happen. Didn't know the 4th official makes the call!!

I think it's really a bit of both - the coach would let him know that he's "ready", as it were but its the 4th official who has to make the final checks (studs, jewellery etc) then notify the referee that a player is ready to come on and wait for a suitable break in play for that to happen.

I'm not a ref though, it's just how i see it - someone may be able to confirm.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's really a bit of both - the coach would let him know that he's "ready", as it were but its the 4th official who has to make the final checks (studs, jewellery etc) then notify the referee that a player is ready to come on and wait for a suitable break in play for that to happen.

I'm not a ref though, it's just how i see it - someone may be able to confirm.

No, you're spot on. The coaches let the fourth official know they want to make a change, then the fourth official has to check the player and let the referee know he's good to go.

I've heard managers blamed for some shit in my time, but for the officials taking a minute or so to bring a sub on? :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here