Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings Ipswich

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
TK - 5
Bruno - 6 - shocking defensively. Quite how anyone can give that performance a MOM is beyond me
Greer - 7
Upson - 7
Ward - 7
Ince - 6
Andrews - 6
JFC - 7
Buckley - 6
Lingard - 7
Ulloa - 6

Lua lua - 6
Garcia - 2

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Unimpressed by Ince today, and in the chaos of the last quarter, his inexperience and youth stood out. Pot shots from 30 yards when should have passed, driving on and on without passing to more gifted players then losing possession, taking up wide or forward positions and so crowding the space for the likes of LuaLua. Tried his heart out, but needs to maintain the positional discipline of Bridcutt, as that is best role.

Absolutely spot on! Probably his worst performance for us today. Thankfully I thought much was due to inexperience and the exuberance of youth rather than a complete lack of ability.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 5

Bruno 8
Greer 6
Upson 6
Ward 7

Andrews 5
Ince 6
JFC 5

Buckley 5
Ulloa 6
Lingard 6

Subs:

Lua Lua 5
March 5
Rodriguez N/A

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
After the Reading game I was kinda more positive because of the upbeat ending. This seemed the opposite with us looking good early on, but in the last 20-30 minutes seeming to lose any desire and in some cases ability. But, trying to be fair, I think it was a typical performance from us for this season.

We looked good in the first two thirds, but have no creativity, no nous, no desire in the final third. Five minutes remaining we're 2-0 down, get a free kick to the side of the box, Ipswich bring all eleven men back into the box, brighton leave a couple on the half way line, Kuszczak back in his area, three stand around the ball, meaning for every brighton player in the box there were two Ipswich players. Then we fail to find a brighton player. No surprise. If we don't push forward, we won't get a goal. How we managed to get 23 shots I don't know - they must be counting all those crosses that Ulloa got a slight touch to before they went out for a goal kick with no danger, because I can remember only one long range shot that the keeper had to save, and the one-on-one with Lingard in the first half. None of these other shots were anything to concern Ipswich.

Buckley, Ulloa and Lingard as a front three is a pretty decent attacking line up, but that doesn't matter if players play like they don't want to score - no one getting forward, those that do get forward taking too long, then when there are numbers in the box no one hang back or going long to catch the second ball or provide options for the cross. We show too much rigidity at set pieces. Watch when we take throw ins and see what sort of options Ward and Bruno have. No one is trying to get into space or give them someone to pass to. It's so frustrating.

It really seems like the key to beating us is simply defensive discipline. You don't need to park the bus, but stick to your task, mark your man (don't worry, we make it easy by not moving much), don't dive in, don't get drawn out of position, and if you get the lead, just show some sort of desire to defend - get back in your box to crowd us out.

Kuszczak 6 - some poor distribution, should have done better with both goals
Bruno 6.5 - some nice touches, some good mopping up, but also some sloppy passing,
Greer 6 - not notably bad, some good covering play, nbot positive enough going forward
Upson 6 - same as Greer really
Ward 6 - Didn't really click going forward
Ince 5.5 - eh, had someone near me constantly moaning about him not using his left foot, which irritated me (the person complaining, not his lack of left foot using), still too scrappy, but some neat mopping up
JFC 5.5 - a few loose balls, no creativity going forward
Andrews 5.5 - same as JFC, do wonder why he seems to be the most forward player of the midfield, I thought he was more of a defensive midfielder
Buckley 5.5 - looked a bit dangerous running down the flank, but nothing more to offer
Ulloa 5.5 - seemed to let the defenders wind him up and throw him off his game, may have got his head to a few balls, but never looked like scoring
Lingard 6.5 - Most likely of our players to score, but why didn't he do better with the one on one?

Lualua 5 - No real threat, didn't go at the defenders, wasted possession
March 5 - Only on a short time and gave the ball away and brought nothing to the team
Rodriguez - Not really on long enough.

And I feel like I'm being generous.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusczack - 5
Bruno - 6 again good in attack, poor defensively
Greer - 6
Upson - 6
Ward - 7
Ince - 5 worst game I've seen from him
Forster- Caskey - 6 some good moments but drifts in and out of the game
Andrews - 7
Lingard - 8 looked a threat not sure why the hell he came off
Ulloa - 6
Buckley 5

LuaLua 5
March 5

Shame we didn't turn up for a very important game.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Tom-3: kicking awful, could have done better with goals and I can't remember many saves

Bruno-7: MOM
Greer-6: still frustrating that he can't make forward passes quick enough
Upson-6 maybe could have done more with the cross??
Ward-6: played well

Andrews-7: best midfielder IMO, looked solid and made great passes
Ince-5: looked clumsy and can't direct headers
JFC-4: poor

Lingard-5: looks weak, shooting wayward and not a winger
Ulloa-5: should have put at least one of those headers away, hold up play excellent though
Buckley-5: anonymous at times

LuaLua-6: looked lively, and looked like our most likely player to creat a chance
March-5: still lacks correct decision making
Rod-NA: didn't have long enough, should have came on earlier

Team rating: 6. Not at the races, and deservedly beaten by a very average team.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Lingard 6.5 - Most likely of our players to score, but why didn't he do better with the one on one?

It was a great tackle. His shot in the second half was about as close as we came to scoring. Tremendous stop from the keeper

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Not a lot to be said really, bad day in the office.

Why the hell has Buckley started wandering around in the middle of the pitch? He should be out close to the touch line for the outlet ball, many times Bruno and the midfield were looking for the pass and he was not out there, so the ball had to go across the back.

Joint MOM - Ward/ Upson. – Another sponsors ‘I want my photo with..’ decision.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuszczak 5 - surprisingly not dominant today.
Bruno 8 - class above
Ward 7
Upson 6
Greer 6 - stop hitting diagonal balls to Ulloa!
JFC 5 - poor
Ince 6
Andrews 5 - poor
Buckley 6
Lindgard 5
Ulloa 6

KLL 6
March 4 everything he touched went wrong during the brief time he was on......
Rodriguez n/a

Oscar 4 - predictable, pedestrian, plays too narrow. Had an off day like the team.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Playing ratings from Row E of the South Stand

Kuszcak - 5
Bruno - 7 MOTM
Ward - 6
Greer - 7
Upson - 6
Ince - 5
JFC - 6
Andrews - 7
Buckley - 6.5
Lingard - 6
Ulloa - 5

Lua Lua - 5.5

Definitely not as good as perspective from behind the goal, I'm a West Stand Halfway Line regular usually.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How people can give March 5 & 6/10 is astounding can somebody explain when Obika use to come on and was crap everybody says so but March was worse than Obika has ever been today yet he gets 6.

One thing that is very clear is we desperately need a set piece trainer

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Very pedestrian today - needs a spark in central midfield.
Exactly this, said so when we saw the teamsheet

Tomas - 4
Bruno - 6
Greer - 6.5 best passer in the team today, which says nothing
Upson - 6
Ward - 6.5
Ince - 5 he'll be very good one day but for now just don't let him past the half way line
Andrews - 6
Jake - 5
Buckley - 5
Lingard - 6.5
Ulloa - 6.5

Kaz - 6.5
March - 5

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Only want to comment on:

Kooshack - poor all game but he's allowed an off day as he has played some blinders this season (distribution excepted).

Bruno - sorry, I've grown to REALLY dislike him, yes a few decent crosses but so many times going for a glory run and then caught out of position, unnecessary flicks that just don't come of, some dreadful passing. Calderon has major flaws but he's still more reliable and better going forward. MOM my arse, I had a mini spaz when they announced that.

Ince - worse game I've seen from him but he has still had a great season.

Solly March - irritatingly off the pace and half arsed when he came on.

Buckley - when he's on fire he can be fantastic. Anonymous today.

Ulloa - unlucky with his headers but stop moaning all the time man and get on with your game.

For Ipswich - Williams - god i hate him, he's always involved and getting the better of us whenever he plays.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Exactly this, said so when we saw the teamsheet

Tomas - 4
Bruno - 6
Greer - 6.5 best passer in the team today, which says nothing
Upson - 6
Ward - 6.5
Ince - 5 he'll be very good one day but for now just don't let him past the half way line
Andrews - 6
Jale - 5
Buckley - 5
Lingard - 6.5
Ulloa - 6.5

Kaz - 6.5
March - 5

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Kooshack - 5
Bruno - 7
Upson - 6
Greer - 6
Ward - 7
Ince - 6
Andrews - 5
JFC - 6
Lingard - 4
Buckley - 4
Ulloa - 6

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Kuszczak 5 - surprisingly not dominant today.
Bruno 8 - class above
Ward 7
Upson 6
Greer 6 - stop hitting diagonal balls to Ulloa!
JFC 5 - poor
Ince 6
Andrews 5 - poor
Buckley 6
Lindgard 5
Ulloa 6

KLL 6
March 4 everything he touched went wrong during the brief time he was on......
Rodriguez n/a

Oscar 4 - predictable, pedestrian, plays too narrow. Had an off day like the team.

Spot on with these

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
How people can give March 5 & 6/10 is astounding can somebody explain when Obika use to come on and was crap everybody says so but March was worse than Obika has ever been today yet he gets 6.

One thing that is very clear is we desperately need a set piece trainer

Thing is, we have a decent set piece taker in Spanish Dave, but he's been pony for much of the season, so if he plays we risk him being pants but if not, we don't have anyone with the same ability.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford

Koosak - 6
Bruno - 7
Greer - 6
Upson - 6
Ward - 7
Ince - 5
Andrews - 5.5
JFC - 6.5
Buckley - 6
Lingard - 6.5
Ulloa - 7

Lua Lua - 6