Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nike Albion shirts - what are your thoughts?

What do you think about Nike becoming the Albion's kit supplier?

• Total voters

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Will be all over the lesuire wear now, shorts and socks,maybe even a training top.

Havent brought a shirt since 2001 this will be my first purchase of teamwear since moving to the AMEX.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I genuinely don't care. Who makes the kit doesn't even register on my Albion radar. Due to the fact I am over the age of 17 it wouldn't even cross my mind to buy it, regardless of how good or bad it looks, so whoever brings in the most money is fine by me.

I'm assuming you never PLAY football?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I am encouraged by the potential of new merchandise opportunities and the prospect of wider sale options and increased trade to our younger fans as Nike is a more appealing brand. But I withhold opinion of the actual shirt as the proof is in the puddling.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If it generates loads of dosh for the club its ok with me, bit like Amex really, in order to compete with the big boys we have to hold hands with those who can give you that dosh

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've never bought Errea training stuff as it generally looks gash and small time. With Nike I think there's a fair chance I would buy some training gear etc for playing the ol' footers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't, although at any time in my life where I have been playing football I have never considered buying an Albion shirt to wear for that purpose. And if I started playing again tomorrow, a £50 piece of polyester would still not be my chosen garment.

And there I was thinking I'd picked up the away shirt for £19.99..... :wink:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I don't, although at any time in my life where I have been playing football I have never considered buying an Albion shirt to wear for that purpose. And if I started playing again tomorrow, a £50 piece of polyester would still not be my chosen garment.

The B&H jobs from season 1&2 at the Amex were actually a very good footballing top. Light, strong, stretchy (didn't pull on you when moving) and eye catching.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would you pay £19.99 for a top in a clothes shop in town that had been sitting on the rail for two years?

As others have said, whoever is paying the most is the best option. I don't really see that it matters what they produce as the actual shirt, as long as it is based on the colours of blue and white.

Less than one year, and if I liked it, yes. I wouldn't care how long it had been there, why would it matter?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Excited... about the lucrative deal for my club.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm completely disinterested in which kit supplier we use. For me the primary thing is the financials - if we get more cash, thus allowing us to spend more on the squad while still meeting FFP, I'm happy. I am somewhat concerned about the rumours I see about exploitative child labour, but suspect that all the major suppliers are broadly equally exploitative, or not. I have to admit that I'm not sufficiently concerned about that aspect to actually do the research to enable me to form an informed opinion; a position I'm not entirely comfortable with, but that's the reality of my position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here