Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digital Stadium Albion app

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Used for first time yesterday. Worked really well (North stand, iPhone 4)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So why does it work for some and not for others?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I think with regard iPhones, that is going to depend on what network you're on, as for Android phones not working, they've probably got a virus, or google are spying on them, or their ice cream kitkat Texan bar software update hasn't been consolidated with the app*

*just kidding :smile:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Tried it for the first time yesterday. Four of us before the game in WSL concourse and two (both on Vodafone) got it to work but two (both on EE) couldn't get it to work.

I did eventually get it to work and getting half time score updates was good. But couldn't get a refresh after the game

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

I'd suggest removing it and re-dowloading. There have been quite a few updates and a clean load might make a difference.

Jan 21, 2012
I tried it yesterday for the first time and it didn't work. It was fine on my way to the ground but once in the ground it just froze. Not overly impressed with it so far.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Just a little advice on this app please. I have just installed it onto a Galaxy S4 and get the gist of the app but am unsure as to whether there is anything I need to do when I go to use it at the stadium today. Do I need to turn on my wifi or let my phone know it is ok to share information or will the app do it for me? Cheers.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just a little advice on this app please. I have just installed it onto a Galaxy S4 and get the gist of the app but am unsure as to whether there is anything I need to do when I go to use it at the stadium today. Do I need to turn on my wifi or let my phone know it is ok to share information or will the app do it for me? Cheers.

Turn on 3G/4G and wi-fi. :)

from memory there are settings which you can use to restrict data usage from the phone network if you are on a limited tariff. Best to make sure you have plenty of battery life as well, it drains quite a bit, at least it does on my S3.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Turn on 3G/4G and wi-fi. :)

from memory there are settings which you can use to restrict data usage from the phone network if you are on a limited tariff. Best to make sure you have plenty of battery life as well, it drains quite a bit, at least it does on my S3.

Many thanks.:)

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Does this app work with foreign phones in the UK, in my case an iPhone 4S. I have the app installed over here in Canada, but wonder if I'm missing any extra features and suchlike by not being at the Amex.

I'll be at the Yeovil game in the North Stand but due to extortionate roaming charges of my Canadian provider Robbers, sorry Rogers, my 3G will be switched off for the duration of my trip. I will have WiFi switched on though. Will this be enough?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Does this app work with foreign phones in the UK, in my case an iPhone 4S. I have the app installed over here in Canada, but wonder if I'm missing any extra features and suchlike by not being at the Amex.

I'll be at the Yeovil game in the North Stand but due to extortionate roaming charges of my Canadian provider Robbers, sorry Rogers, my 3G will be switched off for the duration of my trip. I will have WiFi switched on though. Will this be enough?

I believe this will work with just wi-fi switched on, you will just become another link in the network, receiving data and passing data on to other phones in your locality.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003

As I understand it you will not got any benefit from the app by not being in the Amex as you'll have normal service from your network. The purpose of the app is to create a peer-to-peer network within the stadium where capacity is so stretched with so many people trying to use the limited mobile capacity in the stadium. Once someone does got connection, the data can then be shared to other devices with the app vi wifi so saves everyone downloading the same information. It's pretty limited currently to travel info to and from the stadium, scores from other games via feed from the BBC and the official twitter account.

Interesting Q re what happens if 3G is off. Again an assumption but my feel is that as long as wifi is active you'll be able to connect to other devices and thus share the other data as the app will assume you can't get mobile coverage due to capacity issues.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Digital Stadium chaps have been in touch with an update ahead of this season...

Apologies for the radio silence over the summer, hope all is good and you haven’t melted so far. I just wanted to let you know where we’re at with the latest Albion App in time for the season starting shortly.

As we’re now officially working with the Football League we have the proper news and score feeds in there from Opta and the like, and have use of the digital rights (so there are now clubs’ crests in there for example). We’ve had to redo both Android and iPhone apps which means that the older ones will no longer be supported, and while we were at it, we changed the name to The Albion at the Club's request.

If you’d like to get the latest app on your phone (it's free), delete the old one and go to either the App Store or Google Play Store and search for The Albion – you’ll recognise the logo :)

Alternatively click on one of these:

iPhone users: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-albion/id898232581?ls=1&mt=8
Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.tribehive.fli.albion

Great news is that the technology in the app that improves connectivity at the stadium is now embedded in the iPhone version as well as the Android version and there will be a few other additions coming once the season is underway.

Albion app users will have the network available to them for away games too. The Club will be pushing the app from next week but you can get it now should you wish – do pass the message on! Hope you like the new look and feel and as always, hope to hear from or see you soon.

Kindest regards

Jon

PS. We’re also proud to say that other clubs that will be using this technology are QPR, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Bolton and Watford...others to follow. Remember it started at the AMEX!

Oh, and if you never saw the BBC News piece – there’s a video of it here: http://tribehive.co.uk/press/

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you're downloading the iphone app you need IoS 7.0 or above. My old 4s doesn't have enough space for the 7.0 IoS but luckily I'm upgrading imminently.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looks excellent. I've just voted for Chris O'Grady as Man of the Match :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here