Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This could become a very long thread, a South African journo was saying this trial could go on for up to a year. So far it does not look good for Oscar but there is a long way to go with more to come out no doubt as it unfolds. However, someone once told me that you should never lie as you can never accurately recall a lie but you can always remember the truth, and there are some top barristers on this case.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This could become a very long thread, a South African journo was saying this trial could go on for up to a year. So far it does not look good for Oscar but there is a long way to go with more to come out no doubt as it unfolds. However, someone once told me that you should never lie as you can never accurately recall a lie but you can always remember the truth, and there are some top barristers on this case.

Crikey a year, you'd have thought the judge has enough already!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Heard a bit from the case on the radio the other day of Barry Roux speaking in court. They said he is one of the most highly regarded lawyers in the country. Sounded like a bumbling fool to me and I couldn't quite work it out. So did a bit of reading up on him and it seems it's all part of his style. Bit of a Columbo fan perhaps???

It is interesting to see there's no jury here, but in such a high profile case this may not be such a bad thing for justice. What I find most alarming in any justice system, having done jury service, is the sheer power of barristers. A good one seems like a magician to me, and very frightening how their mastery of language and their trade can really turn a case.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I read somewhere that when shown graphic images of a crime, guilty people tend to show more distress because they think that's what is expected of innocent people, whereas innocent people tend to try harder not to show distress. However, it's possible that this was in a fictional book and may not have any relevance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's guilty. She was going to leave and he decided he'd kill her and make up this fake excuse of the burglar. He wasn't violent towards her as she could just walk out and he couldn't do nothing about it as he's got no legs to run after her. He waited till she used the toilet then shot her. It was premeditated murder.
We are honoured to have Poirot on the case.

I think you will find that you have just made up this scenario.
Yep.

Not at all. He killed Reeva Steenkamp out of rage. His crying is so false
Yes, but you were guessing the rest. You say she was going to leave, but she'd posted on twitter / spoke to friends about being excited it was valentine's day etc. There's nothing to suggest she was going to leave him. And your idea that it was premeditated, and that he waited for her to use the toilet doesn't make sense either - if that were the case, he'd have waited, then crawled to the bathroom and shouted 'help, get out of my house' fake voice - 'You're dead Oscar' - and then shot her. But witnesses say that Reeva was screaming. If it was preplanned as you suggest, there'd be no need for her to scream as he wouldn't have been having an argument with her.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
pisto.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I used to know a South African who came to live over here. He trained guard dogs and his method was to pay ethnic Africans to climb over the wall to the owners gardens and then set the dogs on them. I don't know if he gave them padding, probably not, but he was basically teaching them to just go for black people.

I remember being surprised at this training method because if it were in this country the health & Safety let alone ethics is slightly flawed.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I used to know a South African who came to live over here. He trained guard dogs and his method was to pay ethnic Africans to climb over the wall to the owners gardens and then set the dogs on them. I don't know if he gave them padding, probably not, but he was basically teaching them to just go for black people.

I remember being surprised at this training method because if it were in this country the health & Safety let alone ethics is slightly flawed.

I didn't say that they were all nice! Just that I have met some nice ones, as there are a lot more South Africans of all hues where I live, so there are bound to be some nice ones in amongst them. But I have noticed that South African bred dogs appear to be racist!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I didn't say that they were all nice! Just that I have met some nice ones, as there are a lot more South Africans of all hues where I live, so there are bound to be some nice ones in amongst them. But I have noticed that South African bred dogs appear to be racist!

Yep I wasn't meaning to say they are all bad, it was just one experienced I had.

Just to balance it up, I met a nice couple years ago and they invited me for lunch, and I was presented with rice peas and piglet trotters. :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only explanation was that he was off his head on drugs. Even then you don't shoot through a door 4 times without being damn sure who was on the other side, totally over the top. He should be sent down for a long time, 10 years minimum for an " accident " and life if guility. You just can't do what he did.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The only explanation was that he was off his head on drugs. Even then you don't shoot through a door 4 times without being damn sure who was on the other side, totally over the top. He should be sent down for a long time, 10 years minimum for an " accident " and life if guility. You just can't do what he did.

There is another explanation. Not being able to control rage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here