Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What was the motive?

If he intended to kill her why did he call for help, that arrived before she actually died?
Answered by Bold Seagull.

It is possible that the prosecution failed to answer those questions, but it also possible that the judge failed to give the correct verdict.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oscar seems to be getting the rub of the green again today, I think he is going to virtually get away with it. Expect a heavyweight appeal from the prosecution though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wonder if the verdict would have been the same had it not been a celebrity doing the killing?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is sounding very good for Oscar right now. Listening to the judge you'd be forgiven for thinking Oscar's the victim here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Steenkamps are showing remarkable composure and dignity. The killer of their daughter is looking like he is going to walk. Masipa has made several references to the fact he prayed to God and who he phoned after, it's almost like who he phoned after the event and the fact he prayed is getting him off.

Again Masipa repeats that he could not foresee someone dying when firing through the door - I'm still lost for words on this point.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The Steenkamps have forgiven him, they accept it was an 'accident'.

There was an interview with them when they said that they didn't believe for one minute Oscar murdered their daughter.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Found guilty of culpable homicide, so that's basically manslaughter.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is ****ed up

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
So, guilty of culpable homicide, not guilty on sunroof shooting, guilty on restaurant shooting, not guilty on ammunition posession.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Experts say there will probably be an adjournment before the sentencing process. "I don't believe it's going to continue straight away," lawyer William Booth tells the BBC.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sentence-wise it's sounding like he'll get the lenient end of the stretch for manslaughter. It's up to the judge's discretion, and he has been found guilty re discharging the firearm in the restaurant. This feels like he should go down for 10 years, but I'd be surprised if he got 5 or more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here