Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another UKIP councilor who's 'views did not represent the majority of the UKIP'

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
People see what they want to see. All UKIP have to do is a bit of fear-mongering about the EU and Immigration and act like they are the solution or pretend they are a viable alternative to the Torys, labour and the lib dems and people will happily ignore the underlying prejudice that is rife throughout the party.

There are some bad eggs in the party, no doubt about it. In my opinion they are almost exclusively the old guard. There are some good people who have joined UKIP with good ideas and morals. It is entirely sensationalist to tar them all. For some reason the press are looking to denounce them at every turn despite there being plenty of immoral and greedy MP's in the others main parties.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yep, its all the medias fault, that UKIP have a long track record of ridiculous statements over the last few years.
I think you have sort of answered your own point there. When UKIP were nobodies, you never heard from them. Now they are considered a serious threat to the status quo, more and more ridiculous statements are coming out, most of which I bet if you never took at face value and looked deeper into the "story", like this one on this thread, are complete rubbish. Are you that naive, that you don't think the media are controlled very tightly by the main parties in this country.

There will be more and more stories like this from UKIP in the coming months, as the tories and Labour are shit scared of them. You won't hear much about the Lib Dems, as two main parties know they are going to get obliterated at the next election. The press will make fun out of Nick Clegg, yet jump on and belittle anything and everything that UKIP comes up with, because they are scared of UKIP challenging the main parties at the upcoming Euro Elections, and worry if they get a foot in the door this year, it could lead to big problems at the next general election for the big two.

As I said before, Im voting Tory whatever, always have always will, but I can see UKIP sweeping the Lib Dems away, and also damaging the red and blue parties. This is why these stupid stories are coming out, because there are so many thick people will fall for it, and will make a decision who to vote for based on it. As I say, look out for more of this type of story in the next few months. I bet its all UKIP and not LiB Dems!

D

Deleted member 22389

I think you have sort of answered your own point there. When UKIP were nobodies, you never heard from them. Now they are considered a serious threat to the status quo, more and more ridiculous statements are coming out, most of which I bet if you never took at face value and looked deeper into the "story", like this one on this thread, are complete rubbish. Are you that naive, that you don't think the media are controlled very tightly by the main parties in this country.

There will be more and more stories like this from UKIP in the coming months, as the tories and Labour are shit scared of them. You won't hear much about the Lib Dems, as two main parties know they are going to get obliterated at the next election. The press will make fun out of Nick Clegg, yet jump on and belittle anything and everything that UKIP comes up with, because they are scared of UKIP challenging the main parties at the upcoming Euro Elections, and worry if they get a foot in the door this year, it could lead to big problems at the next general election for the big two.

As I said before, Im voting Tory whatever, always have always will, but I can see UKIP sweeping the Lib Dems away, and also damaging the red and blue parties. This is why these stupid stories are coming out, because there are so many thick people will fall for it, and will make a decision who to vote for based on it. As I say, look out for more of this type of story in the next few months. I bet its all UKIP and not LiB Dems!

As much as the press like to say that a lot of Tories defected to UKIP, they never talk about the people from Labour who have also done the same. And your right UKIP is about to sweep the Lib Dems away and good riddance to them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If you could point out other 'regular anti-UKIP' threads from me, id be interested to see them

I comment on them of course...as you comment about other parties to persue your agenda as well..:smile:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Regular as in every time you find a negative story about UKIP you post it but never bother with negative stories about other parties.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
er....no I dont...I comment on UKIP threads...I dont as a rule start them...like I said..show me some examples of me starting a UKIP thread?

I commment on UKIP threads, as im not a fan of racism, homophobia, or misogyny

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
er....no I dont...I comment on UKIP threads...I dont as a rule start them...like I said..show me some examples of me starting a UKIP thread?

You are either fishing or simple.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Wriggle, wriggle, wriggle .... back step, back step, back step.

You've clearly not done a lot of reading about UKIP if that's what you think the party stands for ( and before you carry on with your normal drone, there are plenty examples of members of other parties saying equally stupid things but I note you never comment on them ).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

They're tightly controlled by a bunch of -- usually foreign or, at the very least, non-domiciled (for which read, tax-avoiding) -- oligarchs. That they choose to ally with transient political leaders and parties is merely a matter of expediency. Have a look at the editorials of The Express, The Mail and The Telegraph in the few days leading up to the forthcoming Euro elections and, in all likelihood, these will break free from their usual ties to the Tories (never to Labour) and embrace UKIP, at least for an election at this level. The Mail and The Telegraph will no doubt return to the Tories for the general election.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
“I wouldn’t refuse to serve gay people. I’m not saying their position is a correct one. I’m saying they should be free to make that choice themselves.”

So its a question of freedom of choice, then? Freedom to be sexist or homophobic? Should we drop all discrimination laws?

"Hey I have no problem with blacks, but if other people want to be racist that's up to them."

Yeah I don't think so,

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Oh good - your regular anti-UKIP thread. I'm guessing you don't want people to, yet again, post examples of equally stupid statements from Labour, Tory and Lib Dem party members ? Of course that wouldn't suit your argument would it ?

There are, of course, some posters on NSC who make stupid statements. Not all are equal on this front, are they Westdene? Some are more equal than others.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Wriggle, wriggle, wriggle .... back step, back step, back step.

You've clearly not done a lot of reading about UKIP if that's what you think the party stands for ( and before you carry on with your normal drone, there are plenty examples of members of other parties saying equally stupid things but I note you never comment on them ).

Youre the one wriggling my friend....and 'stepping back'?? from what? I comment on UKIP threads...as do you...deal with it.
Youre telling me that this is one of my 'regular anti UKIP threads'...it is not...sorry...

maybe you are suggesting that only pro UKIP comments are allowed on UKIP threads?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
now , now boys. the hometime bell will be going soon so you can carry on in the playground on the way home.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Yer, and she probably said it was fine if service was refused to a middle age christian white man as well, but again not very newsworthy to print that is it?

I guess if you meet her and pushed her on her views, it would probably turn out some leach of a journalist as missed quoted her and made a sexist and homophobic story where none existed.

I own an internet retail store, and if I so choose I can refuse to serve who I want. Makes no sense to do so, and I only ever done it twice is 5 years, purely on the basis that the person I was dealing with was a complete tw**. But on the basis of that argus story, had they happened to have been black/asian/female/gay that I would have been homophobic/racist or sexist, depending on how some leach decided to report it.

It's just the press trying to discredit UKIP, why because they are backed by the main parties, and the main parties are shitting themselves over UKIP (I am not UKIP by the way I am 100% tory)

Totally agree. I run my own business and have chosen over the years not to deal with some people, isn't that my choice given we live in a "democracy"?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
There are some bad eggs in the party, no doubt about it. In my opinion they are almost exclusively the old guard. There are some good people who have joined UKIP with good ideas and morals. It is entirely sensationalist to tar them all. For some reason the press are looking to denounce them at every turn despite there being plenty of immoral and greedy MP's in the others main parties.

I agree that all political parties have their bad eggs and all parties are guilty of ocassional racism, sexism etc. but using this and applying it as a defense, something which seems to be deloping above this very post, in regards to UKIP's policies and actions is absurd. In both cases it's wrong but I would argue that these prejudices form the backbone of UKIP's ideologies and that is why I am concerned. My belief is that UKIP are relying on these hot topics (immigration and the EU) to gain support whilst hiding their true intentions and beliefs. I may be wrong but I am more worried I may be right.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Like any far-right party, they're all bad eggs, you'd have to be to associate yourself with their manifesto.

God help us if they gained any kind of power in this country.

If i were you i would complain to the Nazis at Ofcom,they have just ranked UKIP as a "major party",deserving of equal broadcast status for the Euro elections.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
UKIP, its a kind of middle class BNP. What ever happened to Kilroy Silk by the way?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here