Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
fans-l229-1380276_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
13:52 24th February 2014
by Paul Camillin
When she calmed down and told me I couldn't believe it!"
Debbie Rendell
Two loyal Seagulls fans last night joined the Brighton & Hove Albion team on a trip of a lifetime for the club's FA Cup fifth-round replay at Hull City.*
Mother and daughter Debbie and Zoe Rendell, both season-ticket holders at the Amex, were selected at random by the club for the dream trip, and flew north with the team on the club's private flight.
With two games inside three days, the Seagulls have chartered their own plane for the FA Cup replay, and with two spare spaces aboard the private plane, the club invited the pair from Worthing onto the flight.
Albion chief executive Paul Barber explained, "With the two games so close together it was essential we made things as easy as possible for Oscar and the team - so to lessen the impact of the travelling we chartered a plane to fly the squad to and from the game.
"We had a couple of spare seats on the flight, so decided to pick one of the supporters who already had tickets for the game and was making the trip, and invite them and a guest to join us on the flight and to stay overnight at the team hotel.
"By coincidence, Debbie's guest - her daughter Zoe - celebrated her 18th birthday on Sunday making it a very special day for two loyal fans."
Debbie was selected at random by ticket office staff, and along with daughter Zoe, who also had a ticket for the match, will enjoy VIP seats for the game.
Mum Debbie said, "I had a phone call from my daughter on Friday and I thought something drastic at home had happened as she couldn’t speak, but when she calmed down and told me I couldn't believe it!
“We have been coming regularly to matches for the past two seasons but we have always had a connection with Brighton as my dad was an Albion supporter, he was Brighton born-and-bred.
“Unfortunately he didn’t get to see the Amex as he passed away the year it was announced but I feel closer to him because he was such a fan of the Albion.”
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Reading:
Saturday 8th March, kick-off 3pm
Albion v QPR:
Tuesday 11th March, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here