Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Steve Claridge said. This time I tend to agree.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
And all this rubbish about missing out on Grabban. Is he actually any good? Haven't seen much of him to make me feel we need him from seeing him a few times on the FLS, at the amex and on sky. For example watching FLS this morning. Bournemouth were counter attacking and had numbers up. He takes it past one then tamely hits it straight at the keeper. Would that sort of play make our problems any better whilst ruining our wage budget?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
What everybody seems to conveniently forget is we did not win a place in the playoffs last year.

We did not go any particular mazy run of results to snatch the place away from a similar position as what we find ourselves today.

The teams in the playoffs blew up. Pure and simple. The teams in 4/5/6th positions this time last year did not achieve anywhere near the points totals you would have expected in the run in.

We were gifted a place in the top 6 last year. By other teams under-performing. In reality we should have finished about 8th/9th.

In all likelihood 8th/9th will be our finishing position this season.

So what you will find is we over achieved last season and will probably reach a par finish this season.

NOT a par finish last season and under-achieved this season.

I think your deluding yourself if you think we fully deserved that 4th place finish last season.

This was summed up by failing to beat (or even score against) a team (that without checking my facts) won 1 of their last 10 regular season games.

That's my 10 pence worth!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Claridge has commented a few times now on the inherited team point. I'm not sure he has an issue with Oscar, more a biased allegiance to Gus.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
What everybody seems to conveniently forget is we did not win a place in the playoffs last year.

We did not go any particular mazy run of results to snatch the place away from a similar position as what we find ourselves today.

The teams in the playoffs blew up. Pure and simple. The teams in 4/5/6th positions this time last year did not achieve anywhere near the points totals you would have expected in the run in.

We were gifted a place in the top 6 last year. By other teams under-performing. In reality we should have finished about 8th/9th.

In all likelihood 8th/9th will be our finishing position this season.

So what you will find is we over achieved last season and will probably reach a par finish this season.

NOT a par finish last season and under-achieved this season.

I think your deluding yourself if you think we fully deserved that 4th place finish last season.

This was summed up by failing to beat (or even score against) a team (that without checking my facts) won 1 of their last 10 regular season games.

That's my 10 pence worth!

I was going there in the other thread, you're spot on. The teams above us imploded and the thought of promotion seemed nuts.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

I think your deluding yourself if you think we fully deserved that 4th place!

Actually our results or run from Jan -May 2013 last season was rather good. We would have finished top of the championship if competition based on those 20 or so matches alone. And the points total for 3-6 the last season was in line with most other seasons.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The surprise package this season must be Burnley , they haven't fallen away as others have expected. The difference between them and us basically is having two strikers banging the goals in. Apart from a 25+ goals striker you need a 20+ goals secondary striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here