Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farrington or Obika

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shyte thread - please get behind them or f*ck off!
You should have said that 65 years ago and saved me and my sons and grandsons a fortune. Just foryour benefit I will cheer as loud as the next man if he scores a goal but strange as it may seem to you I have the opinion that he is not good enough for our side, Now if you have finished your homework you should go to bed.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
You should have said that 65 years ago and saved me and my sons and grandsons a fortune. Just foryour benefit I will cheer as loud as the next man if he scores a goal but strange as it may seem to you I have the opinion that he is not good enough for our side, Now if you have finished your homework you should go to bed.

For starters he has hardly had a decent run in the side for anyone to really know what he can do - but dont let that get in the way of slating one of our players! And secondly your fatuous comparison with Farrington is just that..............fatuous!

As for 'homework' I'm 53 and first went to the Goldstone in 1969 - so even as a grandad perhaps you need to grow up a tad yourself?!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just foryour benefit I will cheer as loud as the next man if he scores a goal .

Precisely. Which just shows how pathetic and hypocritical threads like this are. Singling out a player to slag off to create a self-fulfilling prophecy by damaging his confidence further.

I always assumed it was insecure teenagers who play too much Football Manager behind the most personal attacks on here but clearly not.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I blame Charlton's Under 21's had he not scored 6 goals against them the hype wouldnt have been what it has been.

As for Farrington BG it is a different time, so you can really make a comparison, they were interesting times at one point we had three players in our squad, Gallagher, Kennedy and Farrington who all been allegedy voted the worst players to have played for Villa, Rangers and Feyenoord respectively.

We could clearly spot a player back then!!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I blame Charlton's Under 21's had he not scored 6 goals against them the hype wouldnt have been what it has been.

As for Farrington BG it is a different time, so you can really make a comparison, they were interesting times at one point we had three players in our squad, Gallagher, Kennedy and Farrington who all been allegedy voted the worst players to have played for Villa, Rangers and Feyenoord respectively.

We could clearly spot a player back then!!!

But the expectation is different. Regardless of the Charlton game, we have taken a journeyman loanee, who at best has done well at Yeovil at a lower level, but has not 'really' threatened to break into the Spurs first team and has not been successful at other clubs. We really should be looking at players who are more proven.

We keep hearing that money is available for loans plus some of the Cup money could be added to that. We should be able to afford a proven player (e.g, Fryatt or similar) for the remainder of the season. Obika feels more and more like a desperation move and based on what I've seen this season with players brought in, our scouting system/structure for identifying players is lacking.

Farrington as you say was a different time, but if I remember he came from Feyenoord and at least could control a ball, that aside I can also remember catching one of his shots in the north stand, but in the main he was poor. Didn't Kennedy score on his debut before breaking into the worst disco style goal celebration I've seen.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
But the expectation is different. Regardless of the Charlton game, we have taken a journeyman loanee, who at best has done well at Yeovil at a lower level, but has not 'really' threatened to break into the Spurs first team and has not been successful at other clubs. We really should be looking at players who are more proven.

We keep hearing that money is available for loans plus some of the Cup money could be added to that. We should be able to afford a proven player (e.g, Fryatt or similar) for the remainder of the season. Obika feels more and more like a desperation move and based on what I've seen this season with players brought in, our scouting system/structure for identifying players is lacking.

Farrington as you say was a different time, but if I remember he came from Feyenoord and at least could control a ball, that aside I can also remember catching one of his shots in the north stand, but in the main he was poor. Didn't Kennedy score on his debut before breaking into the worst disco style goal celebration I've seen.

The Charlton thing was tongue in cheek actually Teddy, frankly like you I can't believe Spurs have him on the books and pay him wages because he's never going to be of that standard.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
No comparison whatsoever. Obika hasn't been that fantastic so far but in terms of uselessness, Obika doesn't come close. Also, Farrington was a sicknote which maybe wasn't a bad thing, given the way he turned out.

Some unconnected useless trivia - My mate once fitted some new carpet at Farringtons house in Durrington.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Charlton thing was tongue in cheek actually Teddy, frankly like you I can't believe Spurs have him on the books and pay him wages because he's never going to be of that standard.

Sorry missed that one. Some people have actually quoted this at me........ I'm probably still irked by yesterday......:blush:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For starters he has hardly had a decent run in the side for anyone to really know what he can do - but dont let that get in the way of slating one of our players! And secondly your fatuous comparison with Farrington is just that..............fatuous!

As for 'homework' I'm 53 and first went to the Goldstone in 1969 - so even as a grandad perhaps you need to grow up a tad yourself?!

It has been said by many that the players do not read NSC and if they do it would be no worse than they can read in a newspaper. I was told by a member of staff that they're are not permitted to post so assume it is the same for the playing staff. Finally if a player is so weak that internet criticism from a fans forum affects their confidence then they do not have the ball for the game. Like most I was expecting better things from him having done his loans at other clubs and scored for Spurs DS but hE Is .24 years od and should be reaching his peak, if that is the case his peak will not be in The Championship
As a 53 year old your final comment to f..k off is that expressed by teenagers when stuck for a response. This is only a discussion of opinions forum for fans who all want the same SUCCESS FOR BHA.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here